☁️Prologue☁️

The Tokito Triplets

A three orphans living as a woodcutter. Their mother died of bronchitis while their father died from falling off a cliff while picking herbs for their mother during a storm.

Their names are Yuichiro Tokito, Muichiro Tokito, and Neiru Tokito.

In the past, they were always playing and having fun. However, after their parents past away, their sibling relationship slowly became vulnerable. Yuichiro and Muichiro sometimes fight while Neiru tries to make them up.

This made Neiru feel sad after seeing her two older siblings not like they used to be.

Until, something happened between these triplet...

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Muichiro then woke up feeling thirsty, since it was summer now. He then drank the water in the pot(?) using a bamboo water spoon.

His pale turquoise eyes accidentally saw Neiru's figure who was trying to sleep. His eyes accidentally glanced at Yuichiro, who had woken up, and made eye contact.

Then, a demon appeared in front of the open cabin door, startling Muichiro and Yuichiro. Then, Neiru slowly opened her eyes and saw a demon at the door.

"Huh? There only three kids?" The demon said.

"Oh, well..." The demon walked towards the retreating Muichiro.

"Muichiro!/Mui-niichan!" Neiru and Yuichiro shouted his name. She widened her eyes and gasped as Yuichiro ran towards Muichiro to protect him, resulting in his left hand being cut off.

"Yui-niichan!" Neiru scrambled to her feet in a panic. Hearing her brother's screams of pain made Neiru panic.

"It hurts! It hurts!" Yuichiro screamed in pain.

Neiru wanted to run towards them, but she knew that it would lead to a dead end. Quietly she then came out of the cabin to get an axe.

As she lifted the axe, she felt the weight on the ax but she didn't care, all she cared about was protecting her brothers. She then peeked from behind the door.

"Poor lumberjacks like you are useless anyway. Whether you're there or not, it makes no difference. Your lives are worthless." The demon abused her brothers with his words.

Of course, that made Neiru angry, she then screamed and threw an ax at the demon in annoyance. The ax hit the demon's shoulder, causing a large gash in his shoulder.

"Hah?" The demon looked at Neiru who was looking at her with anger.

"Neiru?!" Muichiro shouted.

"Don't....... hurt..... my brothers!" Neiru shouted with anger.

The demon chuckled at Neiru's words. "A woodcutter girl? Don't make me laugh..." The demon walked up to Neiru, who backed away and hid something on her back.

"A girl like you is just like your brothers, useless, worthless, and meaningless." The demon said.

"I'm not meaningless!" Neiru protested, looking up to see the demon. As the demon approached her, she swiftly pierced the demon's heart deeply with a knife.

Muichiro widened his eyes when he saw the incident. The demon then vomited blood which landed on Neiru's face, hand, and chest. Then, the demon laughed.

"You think you can kill me that way?" The demon then strangled her, lifted her up while looking at her disdainfully. "That's no use, little girl."

"Neiru!/N-Neiru...!" Muichiro and Yuichiro shouted her name.

Neiru tried to free herself from the demon's grip. She then kicked the stomach hard, startling the demon.

"You little-" The demon threw Neiru out of the cabin. She winced as she felt her skin rubbed against the ground. Neiru then looked at her arm which was bleeding a little due to the friction of the rough ground.

When Neiru tried to stand up, the demon rushed at her with her hands ready to strike her. Neiru tried to avoid the demon's claws, but it hit her chest creating a wide claw wound on her chest.

Neiru screamed in pain as she felt pain in her chest. She held her chest, looking at the blood rushing down her chest.

The demon laughed at the injured girl. "Look at you, hurt because of your stupidity." Taunted the demon as he removed the knife from his chest.

Neiru growled at the demon. Then she felt the demon choke her neck again. "You think you can beat me with just a stab? Too bad you didn't know I wasn't human."

"I know about you! You're a demon who goes around looking for the right person to eat!" Neiru said.

"Wow, I thought you were just a stupid girl but apparently you know about it. Your blood smells so good, I want to eat you. But, I don't want to be infected by your stupidity. So..." The demon then raised Neiru before she threw her to the forest.

Neiru winced and hissed as she felt herself being thrown and slammed into the far ground. She felt her whole body ache from the scratches and slamming of the ground. Her back hit the tree hard causing the girl to wince in pain.

"Ow..." Neiru groned in pain. She tried to stand up but her foot slipped, causing her to fall and hit her head on a tree hard. Neiru fell to the ground, she then held her head and realized her head was also injured.

"Oh Buddha....." Neiru muttered in fear.

Then, she heard Muichiro's scream, making her worried. "Mui..."

Neiru tried to stand up but was unsuccessful and always fell and rolled down. She was trying very hard to climb back home.

She wanted to protect her twins.

She wanted to heal her injured brother before it's too late.

She wanted them to be safe.

She wanted them alive.

Her vision gradually blurring, the girl felt herself breathing hard and her whole body cold.

"Please..... Hang on...." The girl whimpered. She slowly lost consciousness, causing her to fall and tumble into the river.

She felt cold water hit her body, she didn't know what to do. She felt herself useless to protect her brother. She then accepted her fate being dead.

However, she didn't know that she would experience an adventures 100+ years later, in the form of a demon.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

I tried to make this chapter with my mind, hope you enjoy it :)