School Hurts People's Brains

Most of the time Quackity went to school with a headache just thinking about school he made his head hurt.

Quackity hated going to school. He had lost all his friends during the winter break; his boyfriends broke up with him last year; his remaining friends followed them soon after.

He felt alone until one night at a party he met this guy and made out with him. He remembered him perfectly, but it seemed like he didn't. Every time he looked at him it wasn't the same as the night of the party.

When Quackity was at school his brain seemed to be on autopilot. His brain just somehow directed his legs to where he needed to be or where he wanted to be.

He would always stop by the band room during free periods just to see Wilbur, the person he met at the party, perform. Ash, the bassist, would always make eye contact with him. Still, he never said anything to anyone, yet Ash still had more friends than Quackity.

By lunch, Quackity didn't want to eat. He was exhausted and didn't want to be seen sitting alone. He hasn't been in the cafeteria since winter break so usually he would spend it outside on the field or in the library.

Quackity felt himself taking him to the practice room. He saw that the band was there, made eye contact with Wilbur, and felt himself go red before walking to the library.

He felt drawn towards that music room even though he hadn't had the slightest clue how to play an instrument.

Every time he went to the library he felt like he was a child again at his grandma's house. The librarian was rather old and was like a grandma to everyone.

Quackity greeted the librarian and headed to the back corner where he could eat without getting yelled at. He sat in the blue bean bag and took food out of his backpack while playing on his phone.

Soon the bell rang and he rushed to put his bag back into his locker and head to his next class.

His next class was English, and he swore she was out to get him. She would always pick on him for the most complicated questions even when everyone else had their hand raised like THEY HAD AN ANSWER WHY WON'T YOU PICK THEM? She Always did Group projects for things that weren't even on topic or random quizzes.

Today was one of those days.

"Okay, class!" The teacher yelled over the chitter-chatter of the class "Today we will be doing a project!" the whole class groaned seeing as she never let them choose their partners.

Quackity wasn't paying attention until he heard his name and his ears perked up but when he heard he was being placed with his crush he started to panic.