⠀⠀⠀ 𝟏𝟖. sanctuary

❛ Emptiness is filling me to the point of agony

Emptiness is filling me to the point of agony. Growing darkness taking dawn. I was me, but now he's gone.

SEASON 4, EPISODE 16A

A

━━━━━━ October 22, 2011

BIANCA AND CARL SLEPT in the station wagon after the traumatic night set by the Claimers. Her arms wrapped around Carl's chest and held him tight to her chest despite the small width of the seats. They both needed comfort and found it in one another.

⠀⠀⠀Cal turned away from them. He could feel the rage growing inside him as the sun rose. A firestorm of emotions filled his chest as he began to pace the length of the car. His mind was filled with all the ways he could have avoided the night before. How he could've killed those men before they ever laid a finger on Bianca.

⠀⠀⠀Cal retraced everything he did and wondered if this was the best outcome. If he hadn't gone with Daryl and lost Beth, they would have never come across Bianca. The Claimers would've continued to track Bianca and Rick until they were raped, beaten, and dead.

⠀⠀⠀Vomit threatened to come up as he was thankful Joe had found them and taken them in.

⠀⠀⠀Then, Cal remembered the look on Bianca's face. Her eyes were wide and dark as night, mouth agape, and fear consumed her. That wasn't directed at anyone but him. Bianca saw him as something to fear. When he tried to touch her the second time, he knew that she was afraid of him.