A wee talk about KOSA.

KOSA is the kids' online safety act.

It has been tried once more, but denied. Now, it is suspected to pass.

What it entails is that social media apps will have to imply stricker rules and levels of verification to use them to prevent children from being misinformed or addicted to certain features.

One of the aspects of stopping the addiction is a child's guardian being 𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑡𝑦. Not only does this limit a child's representation, but it limits their freedom.

Instead of having a child's activity monitored digitally, make it real life.

Imagine your parents put a security camera in your bedroom. You'd feel uncomfortable. There is still the same premise and offer for safety with both KOSA and a security camera, though with both, you'd feel uncomfortable. If you knew you had something watching your every move once in your safe place, then you'd hardly ever feel safe again due to the constant nagging of your subconscious. Digitally doesn't change much.
If my parents were to monitor what I do digitally and set even more restrictions given the opportunity (and let's be real, they probably will the bastards), I would hardly ever trust them again because of the constant fear of being 𝑤𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑑.

KOSA is mean to (again) prevent the promotion of hate crimes and violence, but somehow 'controversial' discussions such as sh, suicide, blm and trans kids fall under that mark somewhere (????)

Actually, not being funny here, if KOSA goes forth, then you won't need to ban suicide talk online because it's going to be spray painted everywhere you go.
Suicide rates will go up because of simply apps like wattpad that help people with their mental health daily by building a community that people thrive in. If that's being taken away from someone whose only stability in the world is those they share their time with, then what's going to happen to that person.

Yes, the Internet is a scary place, and yes, it DOES promote things that shouldn't be, but there will always be cons to pros that help people more than disadvantage them.
Maybe to filter things more, so that stuff promoting hate crime and violence are removed, but DO NOT take away the basic enjoyment of life from people.

Everything good comes with its disadvantages, and yes the Internet is fucking dog shite sometimes, but it could just be filtered and protected in a different way. Destroying such rich communities of diverse people and skills is essentially slaughter in my book, as they will not be able to be rebuilt or founded due to their loss of leadership and a safe place to fund it.

Another whole wormhole to go down is that it disadvantages adults as much as children in their day to day lives. Again, just filter it differently, and we'll see how that goes.

KOSA disadvantages EVERYONE, and it doesn't seem to be appealing to the public.

To try and stop the act going forth, you can sign petitions and such by googling 'KOSA' and finding a good website that has a link to a petition.

Feel completely free to use this speech as I am not able to access petitions due to setting on my phone, regardless of KOSA.

Stay safe and enjoy life while we still can 💜

- Storm/Mia