Chapter 5

Later in the evening, Mamrie decides to head home

"It's late, and Beanz is probably pining for me. Ya know how she is." Mamrie winks. "See you asshats later!"

Grace closes the door, satisfied with how today went. She goes back into the sitting room to find Hannah curled up in a ball, shaking. Grace was all too familiar with panic attacks, but this seemed to be a big one. She'd never seen Hannah get a panic attack, but she knew why she was having one.

"Hannah, are you oka-"

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!"

Grace is shocked by her tone. She's never heard Hannah scream like that before.

"Hannah? It's me, Grace. I'm a friend. It's okay."

"No..............just............just don't come near me..... don't hit me, please don't hit me...."

"Han, I would never hurt you, ever."

"Just, don't come near me, please."

Grace respects Hannah's wishes and sits across from Hannah until she has calmed down enough. She really got messed up.

"Hannah?"

"Grace. Shit, I don't know what to say. I'm super sorry."

"How do you feel?"

"Little freaked...........actually a little bit tired too."

Grace was torn up on the inside. She'd never seen Hannah like this, so broken and bruised and afraid. That just wasn't her at all.

"Do you want me to stay with you tonight?"

Hannah nods too quickly in reply.

Grace gets Hannah settled, covering her up with loads of duvet and leaving a glass of water on her locker. Grace then gets in and Hannah, almost instantly snuggles into Grace.

"Grace? I just wanna thank you for everything. I know I'm being annoying and all but thank you so much."

"You're not annoying Han, and besides, I know you'd do the same for me regardless. You're my best friend and I'll look out for because right now? All you need is love."

Hannah smiles as sleep takes her. Her body relaxes and Grace can see her face. It's a tired, damaged one, but she looks peaceful. Grace wraps her arms around Hannah protectively, reassuring her sleeping that she is safe.