c h a p t e r i

"yah! jae-noona, what does it say?" i heard my phone say. i was holding an envelope that would tell me if i was able to audition within the next week or two.

"yuri, just calm down for a second! i think i might pass out." i said, a cold sweat had broken out on my forehead as i stared at the unopened envelope.

"i swear cha yeonjae-noona, if you don't open it i will formally walk over to your apartment and rip it open myself." yuri said, slightly aggravated.

"okay okay okay fine!" i said, finally breaking. i ripped oven the envelope carefully and unfolded the piece of paper within.

"ms. cha yeonjae we would be happy to invite you to come audition this thursday at the hybe building..." i read aloud.

"jae you did it! i can't believe you actually did it!" yuri scream over the phone.

i sat there in shock. holding my hand over my mouth and my wide eyes started to water.

"holy shit...i might actually be able to do this! yuri! this is amazing!" i squealed.

"yes yes i know i'm such a great friend for making you send in your video. but i have to go, james and i are planning to go out." yuri said.

"ohhh have fun! i'll text you later. bye yuri!" i said as i hung up the phone. i looked out at the wall and a second later i fell back squealing and kicking my legs up like a little girl.

i grabbed my headphones from the side table by my bed and listened to 'future perfect' from enhypen. i have been a fan of enhypen since they debuted. i watched them in i-land and was thrilled with the ending. i've never been to a concert due to me still living in an apartment with a very low rent.

i stood up from my bed and walked into the kitchen and looking in the pantry. i looked over at the oven and saw that the time read 6:39 and i frowned.

"aish..." i huffed as i pulled a packet of buldok ramen out of the pantry. i set it on the counter then i grabbed my gold ramen pot.

after the ramen was cooked i transferred it to a bowl and sat down on my couch and turned on the tv. i took my earphones out and placed them on the coffee table. i turned on nevertheless on netflix because if was rewatching it for the thousandth time.

"never gets old..." i mumbled. my phone started ringing and i looked at the contact and rolled my eyes.

"yes mr cha?" i said as i answered the phone.

"that is no way to respond to your elder jae-jae." he said over the phone.

"what do you want eunwoo?" i said.

eunwoo and i have been childhood friends since i was 5 years old, and i'm 19 now. a whole 14 years of him. he's 7 years older than me so we bicker like siblings.

"i wanted to talk to my non-sister-sister." eunwoo cooed.

"ew. gross. is this for a mission or something?" i suggested.

"noo..?" eunwoo questioned.

"what is it." i said, visibly annoyed.

"well it was to see what you would call me because the members wouldn't believe that you called me woo woo when we were little." eunwoo laughed.

"yes i remember calling you woo woo. but never again so tell them they have their satisfaction. and i'm going back to watching my kdrama."

"bye grumpy~" eunwoo said as he hung up on me.

i finished eating my ramen while watching nevertheless. i was squealing and kicking my feet like a little girl at the end of episode 3.

i decided to turn the tv off around 10 o'clock because j got bored. so i texted yuri.