Friends?

They were both the same age so Ben went to her to ask her name. He approached her she sat a little far from him. He convinced her and told her to not be afraid of him. He asked her name. She couldn't speak her name so she imitated the name Emily by her finger on the floor. He said that it was a cute name and made her smile. He asked the cops if she could stay at my home as she's a friend of mine. Cops were confused but they agreed. He asked Emily if she want to come to his house for the night. She nodded it in confusion. They went to his home and asked if she want to eat anything. She nodded yes. He asked her to sit on the couch as he went to prepare her meal. Emily was looking at Ben while he was making a sandwich. As he picked up the knife to cut the tomato. She started panicking and she covered her face with the pillow and started crying. Ben heard her voice and rushed to her to see what was wrong with her. He asked her to get up and see his face. She lifted her face and she wrote on a notebook she used to carry along with her the look on her face was very glowing when she told about her parents' death. She stopped crying and Ben went to get her meal. He gave it to her and she thanked him by nodding downwards for it. Ben got her trust and Emily was asking in her where she could sleep. He got lost in her, and Emily asked him again. He told her to sleep in his bedroom. She asked him where he will sleep, he replied that he will sleep in his parents' bedroom as his parents were out so he will sleep there. Emily nodded no and told him to sleep with her as she don't want to sleep alone. He denied her request but she insisted on it so he agreed. When they went to sleep. They had only one blanket so they had to share it together. He noticed that Emily can't speak so she was talking in actions. Emily told her in basic hand actions that Ben was the first person she talked to this freely and she used to look outside the windows where other kids were laughing and playing with their known people. Ben also told her that he has some friends in school but he doesn't talk to them outside the school daily. He never goes to meet-ups or any parties. Emily looked very confused by most of the words said by him. He told her that school is a place where they go and study many subjects and make friends. She was really happy when she heard the word "friends". She asked in her notebook what are friends? He told her that friends are the person they could trust, rely on, and talk to at any time and share their problems. She wrote him, "Are we friends?". He blushed and said we are.