Whispers In The Wind

Title: Whispers In The Wind

Author: yobishty

Main Pairing: Uchiha Itachi x Hyuga Hinata.

Minor Pairings: Mentions of Uchiha Sasuke X Tenten.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the original Naruto characters or the Naruto franchise.

Warning: Emotions.

A/N: A sequel to my other work 'All Things Hidden', and takes place a few years later. Takes place after the Fourth Shinobi War. Set in an alternate universe where Itachi is alive and living secretly in a faraway village.

Summary: Itachi is not fond of rumors. He hates it when people make assumptions based on mere words, with no evidence to back up their claims. But just this once, he is glad they exist because they lead her to him.

------------------------o--------o-----------------------

Whispers In The Wind

One-shot

------------------------o--------o-----------------------

For a better part of her life, Hinata had paid close attention to the whispers carried by the winds. At first, she kept a close ear because the walls of the Hyuga Compound echoed with mutters of her name and she wanted to hear what they said.

Although she learned there wasn't much truth in their words, she continued to listen in. A person's actions often revealed their truths and Hinata had grown up to become observant.

Even though she hated it, she didn't let a single whisper go unheard.

------------------------o--------o-----------------------

"There is a man living at the edge of the forest. He is sick and blind."

------------------------o--------o-----------------------

When Hinata first saw him, she was struck speechless. She had heard great many tales of the eldest Uchiha from the Clan he had slaughtered to the brother he had left alive.

But when she first met his gaze, she saw something beyond the lies he armed himself with, something beyond the mask he wore. She saw the truth, plain as day, glimmering within his dangerous eyes, and echoing within his words.

"What do you see?"

"I see you."

Her All-Seeing eyes saw him for what he truly was; something other than the monster he was trying so hard to be.

------------------------o--------o-----------------------

"There is a man living at the edge of the forest. He lives in a small cabin, isolated from the rest of the village."

------------------------o--------o-----------------------

Over the years, the stories about him increased. They echoed throughout the Shinobi World, striking fear in hearts of civilians and Shinobi alike.

The fear turned to disbelief and awe when the truth behind his actions was revealed. The whispers travelled like wildfire, until they were on the lips of every shinobi and Kunoichi.