Chapter 2

Evelyn returned to my bedroom by teleporting.

'Wow! I can even teleport now!'

Not so surprisingly, no one at home even noticed that she was kidnapped.

'But this will change when I show them my new power! They will surely love me!'

'No Evelyn. That's not how love works.'

'What do you mean?'

'Oh my poor vessel. Don't forget that you are inhabiting a goddess in yourself. If you want, you can just kill them all, or better yet, brainwash them into becoming your puppets. They don't deserve your love.'

'B-but! It's my fault that mother died...'

'What!? Seriously, are you that stupid!? You know what? I will just revive your mother and tell her everything you went through. It will be fun when she kills your so-called family.'

'...You can revive my mother!?'

'Yeah. I just need her grave. And while we are at it, I am going to make her my temple's Pope. Now that I think about it, it will be good publicity for establishing my Holy Empire.'

'Are you really serious!?'

'Tch. You still doubt this goddess? Take me to her grave.'

'I did as I was told, and teleported to the grave by imagining where I want to go. Teleporting is really something. I have heard that only the Archmage some centuries ago could perform it.

But still, reviving someone from dead is impossible. I am sure she is lying-'

"Huh? Didn't I die?"

"..."

'See? She is back, but better. She is young again, with max health, increased mana, and can even live for centuries with eternal YOUTH!'

"Ummm, Who are you? Why do you look like me a lot? Did you revive me or something? Because I clearly remeber dying! Can I meet with my daughter!? I will do everything you want if you let me meet her!"

Evelyn couldn't even think of anything in the situation, and then, felt like Shiori-sama took control.

"What's your name, my child?"

"H-Hillary."

"You can call me Shiori-sama. I am the goddess who will bring salvation to the world. Your daughter was chosen as my vessel for this holy task, and reviving you is a gift to her from me."

"W-wait! You have taken over my daughter's body!? Give it back!"

"Foolish child. She is my vessel, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have an ego. I gave my endless powers to her for sharing her body with me. But this girl turned out to be more foolish than I thought.

She thought about using my powers to gain favour of your foolish husband and sons, who have tormented my dear vessel. I am giving you a choice. Choose between your daughter who was tormented because you died, or your husband and sons who were foolish enough to blame and torment my vessel for your death."

"They did what!?"

"I don't have much time to waste. Now, choose."

"If they really tormented my baby girl, I will choose her over those monsters every time!"

"Good. Now, I will give back control to your daughter. Teach her and then I will tell you my plans later."

Evelyn suddenly felt her control returning, and found mother hugging her tightly.

"*Sniff* mamma!"
"My baby girl!"

And they both started crying loudly, which woke up the mansion. Some servants saw the dead Duchess alive and hugging the Crown Princess, and they immediately informed the duke.