Chapter 6

Lily P.O.V.

I sit back in Michael's chair, excited as to what was coming up next. The audience begins to cheer as the cameras begin to roll. I watch as the lights go dim, and the stage barriers that Mike is standing behind open. Michael strikes a pose, his right arm opens up to reveal his gloved hand facing palm open towards the audience. He simultaneously moves his left leg behind his right leg, keeping his left arm tight against his body.

Suddenly I see a white burst behind him as the explosion goes off. That's not supposed to go off yet. It's too early.

Michael keeps on going with his performance for a couple more seconds as I begin to notice the tiny sparks maturing into roaring flames atop Michael's head. That's not good. The flames on the tip of Michael's hair grow until a fire is literally sprouting out from his head.

Mike descends the steps that are separating him from the ground. Upon reaching the ground Mike jumps and spins multiple times in attempt to put out the flames, creating a spiral of gray smoke. I watch as Michael falls to the ground, hard, after almost being trampled by surrounding men. His brothers all bend down in order pat out any of the remaining sparks.

I'm up and running towards him. "MICHAEL!" I shout as I rush to the stage, trying to get to him. Oh God, oh God, oh God.

Mike looks frazzled and surprised, not at all like himself. Jermaine suddenly appears to my left, helping me push aside people in order to reach Michael. Oh God why?

We finally reach Mike, who's being pushed forward by the frantic crowd of people. I watch as his bedazzled glove reaches up and cradles the now burned patch of skin that used to be covered with hair.

"Call 911!" Jermaine bellows as we each take up the space to either of Michael's sides.

"Move!" I shout as we guide Michael outside, navigating through the herd of people around us.

"Tito! Get everyone into a car and meet us at the hospital" I hear Jermaine say.

"Ambulance is here!" someone shouts.

We make our way out of the studio and to the large medic truck in front of us. You have got to be kidding me. Michael is put onto a gurney and given an oxygen mask. Reporters and camera men are swarming around us trying to take videos and photos.

We make our way through as the medics begin to lift Michael into the truck. I watch as Jermaine immediately steps into the truck and I follow.

"Family only in the ambulance" I hear one of the medics says.

Jermaine turns back at me and begins to say something before getting cut off by the sudden sound of someone struggling. I look over to see Michael struggling against the oxygen, eyes wide open, shaking his head back and forth frantically. His free hand suddenly grabs the material of my vest as he chokes out the word, "Stay".

The medic turns to Michael, putting his oxygen mask back on him while saying, "Mr. Jackson you have to calm down. If you want her to stay she can stay."

Michael immediately starts to relax, slowly releasing his grip on my vest. I sit down next to Jermaine as we both try to comfort Michael. The ambulance doors are shut and we lurch forward as we start towards the hospital.

I take Michael's hand into mine. Breathe Lily, breathe. "Mike, everything is going to be okay. You hear me. Everything will be okay. Michael I love you so much. I'm not going anywhere." I tell him, as a tear escapes my eye. I quickly wipe it away. Michael and I lock eyes, his big doe eyes filled with fear. I can tell he's in pain.

Before I realize what I'm doing I quickly stand up, trying to balance in the shaky vehicle. I slide Michael's oxygen mask down to his neck. My right hand presses Michael's left hand into the gurney and I rest my left hand his chest. I lean over and hover over his face, taking in his natural beauty, before pressing my lips against his.

My whole body feels like a rush of electricity is dancing around inside of me. In this moment I feel something that I have never felt before. I kiss him passionately before pulling away as gently as possible.

I hover over Michael, careful as to not touch his head. I lock eyes with him once more. His eyes are wide and focused on mine.

"Michael, I love you" I say quietly, my voice sounding confident yet urgent.

I back off of him, gently slide his mask back over his mouth, and return to my seat next to Jermaine. I watch as Michael's wide eyes continue to stare straight up then slowly lose focus and dull with pain. I let out a big breath that I wasn't aware that I had been holding. We're almost there. Everything is going to be okay.