Chapter 10

I Love you Laurel. Just hold in there sweetheart.

I slowly came to after an amazing dream. Jordan was holding me, keeping me warm and safe and making everything all better. I blinked open my eyes to find Rhys towering over me menacingly. I cringed and turned away from him. This only caused him to growl and prowl forward. I whimpered and he grinned. It was a game of cat and mouse and he enjoyed torturing me. He enjoyed preying on my fear. Like he fed off of it. He smirked and smacked me before gripping my face and holding his other hand in front of his face before moving it to pull the glove of with his teeth. I knew what he had planned and I couldn't seem to catch my breath. The fact that he knew was terrifying enough but the pain he could cause was paralyzing. And the he did it. He reached out and just barely touched my cheek with the tip of his pointer finger but it was enough to make me scream in agony. He showed me what exactly he has planned and its something I'm not sure I will ever be strong enough to endure. Scenes of him cutting me and torturing me and violating my mind with even worse images. It was all too much and I almost snapped. But then there were the voices of angels reverberating in my head. I was blanketed in warmth and I felt myself coming back to sanity as I could hear Jordan in Flynn in my head.

Hang on laurel. We're coming to get you. Flynn's voice calmed me.

Love, hang in there just a while longer. I'm here with you. Hold on to that. Jordan. The one bright light in my moment of absolute agony.

He took me Jordan and I couldn't stop him. I'm so scared. I can't stop him.

Be strong laurel. I'm coming for you baby I promise. I will always be there for you. Always.

my connection was broken by Rhys growling and wrapping his hand around my neck menacingly before pulling my face into his and kissing me roughly forcing more images, carnal vile images, into my mind while still maintaining his grip on my neck. he applied a bit of pressure cutting off a bit of my air supply before he turned me around shoving my face into the wall with his hand while he crept closer behind me drawing the knife from his pocket and then down my arm leaving a trail of blood in its wake. I screamed out quietly, my voice too raw to make any actual noise before he brought the blunt side of the knife across my jaw, turning me back around to drag it across my abdomen before I mercifully fell unconscious yet again.