☆ 007 ┊ laundry day

༺☆༻

CHAPTER SEVEN
Laundry Day

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

There was Eiji. Knee-deep into crystal ocean waters, sun-kissed skin stained with dots of white sand, hair dyed in beach-blonde, grins of mischievous youth, and striking brown eyes melting along sunbeams seeming to be liquid gold. I loved him. I loved him so much.

The shoreline along with the scorching sun is a snap-shot of halcyon days & childish first loves. Takagi Eiji did not seem like a boy I could ever fall in love with. I used to dream of being loved by a sophisticated man from the city with a luxurious lifestyle, thousand-dollar suits, and a pretty face. Eiji was ordinary. A fisherman's son who only wears his brother's hand-me-downs even if they already have holes in them. A goofball who loves slacking off, and an absolute pro when it comes to killing time. Eiji is mean-spirited. He was not even nice to me when we first met. I always thought he favored Yūka more, for he treats her with a gentler hand.

But Eiji did not like Yūka. Eiji loved me. He told me so as we were goofing off by the shores. Yūka was sick, he pulled me along with him after school, and we went to get watermelon popsicles before rushing to the coasts. I did not want to get into the water, but the weather was nice. The sky was bright blue ( like a certain someone's eyes ), the sun was scorching hot, the waves gleamed, the white-sand shined beautiful, and Takagi Eiji does not take 'no' for an answer.

I remember screaming profanities as he carry me to the cold ocean water as if I was his bride, but Eiji kept on laughing as his pants were already soaked. He said something stupid, I laughed, and so did he. I watched as the salty ocean breeze sway his blonde-hair, and for a moment, I was enthralled. Eiji is not handsome. He's just... simply Eiji. I've seen him do the stupidest shit any teenager can pull off, but at that moment as he smile and laugh, I thought he was so beautiful.

And when he noticed me staring, brave as he always were, Eiji went for it. Butterflies danced inside my stomach as I take him on, not minding how clumsy we both were. It felt too good to be true, so I savored it all. My mind was blank, and I did not even think of Yūka. I loved him. I loved him so much, I was willing to risk everything. It came to its unfortunate end with the vast ocean as our witness. I attempted to laugh off the awkwardness of a first kiss, but Eiji kept a serious face. Then, he made me promise. "Stay here with me, Shio. Please?"

I woke up.

A Sunday in Tokyo greets me. There was this weight by my right-cheek when my eyes fluttered open. Morning light pierces through the glass windows into my small bedroom, and it irritates my eyes. Yet what truly wakes me is a familiar voice.

"Meow." It purred, voice rough and raspy and annoying at that. It was then, I fully woke up to a fat cat standing on my head. It purred once again, paws pushing at my cranium, craving for attention, and food.

"Fuku, stop it." I managed to groan, pushing his fat body off before covering my head with a pillow, but I should have known better because the next thing I knew, Fuku clawed at my bare legs. What a great way to start Sunday morning !

My sleepy eyes lifted to the cheap wall clock hanging above my study desk. 8 AM, it reads. I woke up rather late than usual. You can thank Japanese streaming sites, and the neighbor's wifi for that because I spent Saturday night locked in my apartment, refusing to answer any phone call, and just binge watching while I stuff myself with off-brand junk food. It's actually been awhile since I spent a Saturday night alone. Satoru was always free on Saturday, so I usually just reserve the night for him. It's done now though, I supposed.