CHAPTER 21

The season for the hunt began.

To some it was known as the winter excursion, teams will be hunting each other in the snow, and sometmes it took two days, as Cory told us. We learned from the professors it had changed names to just 'the hunt' as the older boys were calling it.

Our physical education professor, Mr.Eds, explained it. We would be thrown outside in the cold, made to survive on limited jerky and water, and we would have to hunt another pair over up to three days, two nights.

Clive and I had been riding with Midnight and Tarot on our missions but we only walked ten or so minutes on foot.

Each pair was given another pair to stake out. We looked at ours and saw it.

Will Crawford and Wyatt Whitecross.

I looked at Clive who also turned to me.

"I've been waiting for this. The Headmaster chooses the teams so something is in store."

"You're right. We have to beat them and show the difference in skill." I narrowed my eyes. "We will not lose to them."

At this time I had been kissing Clive around twice a month, and slept together (in that way) only a handful of times. One might think it was usual for me to be so stoic and treat our love like a side job, but it was the opposite.

I wanted to hug him more, smell his hair, and most of all—I lusted for him.

I knew I couldn't let it get to me and be asking Clive to sleep with me after classes or missions. He needed his naps and sleep, and he studied too, with me.

My heart had jumped when I saw the board. Clive was in first, and I was second. Samuel was third, but it wasn't of much significance other than the three of us. I had been overjoyed we beat Samuel that once Clive and I retreated to our rooms after dinner I kissed Clive sloppily.

"Are you drunk off happiness or something?" Clive laughed as he received each of my kisses.

I trailed down his neck and unbuttoned his shirt, but just as things got heated we heard a knock.

The two of us jumped up and Clive threw on his blazer as I cleared my throat.

"Who is it?"

"It's Samuel. Don't open the door." From what it sounded like, Samuel was crying. "I congratulate both of you, but in spring I will take back first place, I swear upon my honor!"

He took off, loud footsteps, and then I collapsed onto my bed in fear.

My heart had been beating so loudly I thought I would jump along with each thump. Clive ruffled my hair this time and laughed.

"We always lock the door, it's fine."

"It's not, and the dorm master has a master key anyways," I said, burying my face in my pillow. Having initiated making out but gotten interrupted I was a mess of feelings. My boner died and I just wanted to sleep.

But of course, the small control I mustered was not enough.

Every day I would think of kissing him, unable to sleep together without dirty thoughts, and hungry for Clive.

One lunchtime when a pea fell on my shirt Clive turned over.

"Be careful," he had said, "if you stain your shirt you'll have to change before class."

He tried to dig for the pea that went into my collar and I jumped back when Clive gingerly touched where my nipple was. He had touched me similarly before we made love so it was somehow seductive.