III. calix has a minor lapse of judgement.

"calix has a minor lapse of judgement

"calix has a minor lapse of judgement."

——————————

"What?".

"I just introduced myself".

"Okay...". He ignored Calix's hand.

"Guess looks aren't everything Mama", Calix muttered to himself, huffing out an irritated sigh as he tucked his hand into his jacket pocket.

"What?".

"What...What. Why do you keep asking me what? Are you a fucking parrot? You basically demanded that I introduce myself and I did. Now, it's your turn, Camper Boy".

Percy's brows furrowed in agitation. Then, he rolled his eyes.

His alluring, sea-green hunter eyes.

However, that was besides the point.

"Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon. Blah, blah, blah. That's irrelevant", he dismissed, waving his hands. "What do you mean by champion?".

"Again with the 'whats', seriously?".

"I'm asking a perfectly reasonable question", the son of Poseidon retorted. "I've been at this gig for about", he counted on his fingers, "three years. Trust me when I say I've never heard someone introduce themselves as a Champion of a god. Let alone one of the Olympians".

"Well Jackson, now you have. Congratu-fucking-lations".

"Is narcissism a trait of all children of Demeter or were you just the unlucky one?"

"Are you serio–".

"So...", Rachel interrupted, swinging her arms over both Calix and Percys' shoulders. "What's the plan?".

"We have to get to camp", Annabeth decided. "Before Luke and his army".

"Camp?", Calix asked. "As in Camp Half-Blood?".

Annabeth nodded cautiously.

"I need to get there".

Annabeth studied him, eyes wide. "What's with the sudden one-eighty? Last time I saw you, you believed the camp to be a cult, stole my knife and practically escaped on a giant leaf".

Calix shook his head. "I was paranoid", he explained. "I've spent the last few weeks...surviving...on the run from things trying to trick me, eat me or use me. Sorry...I–".

"No it's fine", Annabeth interjected, with a small smile, fingers tapping against the rim of her cap. "I get it".

"I met my godmother and mother in the maze. They insisted that I find my way to Camp Half-Blood".