Thirty-Five

Astrid sighed, as she stood next to Bruce, at Sachs Harbour, on the edge of Bsnks Island. Loki wanted to teleport there, but as she told him, they needed to play this as hikers, if they wanted to be undetected.

Shifting her pack high, she huffed out a cold breath... 'Shall we then gentlemen?..'.. She started walking ahead, hearing Loki behind her.

'You are not expecting me to sleep on the ground, are you?..'... He grumbled.

'Sleep on it, or if you want, a six feet hole in the ground. Either way, quit complaining. No one made you come, so if you want to go back, then go..'.. She spun to him.

'I am not leaving you..'.. He frowned at her.

'Then quit the bitching. I'm stressed enough as it is, and you whining, doesn't help..'.. She turned back and kept walking... 'This is going to take a few days, so if you're going to use magic, keep it to a minimum, we don't want unnecessary attention..'

'You would know better than us sister, we have not adapted as well as you to midgardian life..'.. Thor says to try and break the tension.

'Tony is tracking us via satellite, and the team are working back home, we got the sat phone if we need any help..'.. Bruce looks around the place. Honestly, aside from the cold, it wasn't a bad place. Population of 200 at the harbour, but other than that, it was just wildlife and nature. It would be a good place for hulk to let loose, that's for sure.

<I got Jean and the others watching too if we need them. Not that I want to bring our families into this, but out of both sides, my family would be stronger>

Bruce caught her eye as she looked back at him, hearing her in his head.

<They would be best, the government doesn't know about them, and they'd have the team on lo-jack anyway>

He smiled at her as she slowed down, taking his hand in his... 'Think of this as family bonding with your brother-in-laws..'.. She smirked at him... 'You three can decide who's going to be in the middle of the man sandwich..'

'We are sharing Asti. No offence to those two, but they're not my type..'... Bruce gave her hand a squeeze.

Thor chuckled, and Loki narrowed his eyes... 'I am desirable for everyone Banner, I'm sure I can sway you..'

Astrid spun quickly, and took Lokis legs out from under him. He landed on his back, rocky hard surface digging into his jacket, as his breath left him... 'You'll do well to remember he is MY husband. No one touches him, except me..'.. She held a hand out to Loki and hauled him back up.

'You are possessive sister, did I not teach you to share?..'.. Loki smirked at her and she twisted his wrist, causing him to grunt.

'Did you not just hear me, or do I need to put you on your ass again?..'.. She bent his wrist a little more, seeing him wince.

'I heard you..'.. He huffed out, and she let him go, the other two chuckling.

'Do not tease her brother..'.. Thor clapped him on the back, as Loki rolled his wrist... 'This is a mission we are not prepared for. If it is true, there is another like her, then we must be cautious..'

'Thor is right, we have to be careful. We don't know this person, angel or whatever. Come on..'.. She sighed... 'We got a couple of miles to go before it gets dark, the sooner we get there, the better..' All three men fall into step with her, and they head off, towards Aulavik.

------------------------------------------------------------

Jean watched the screen, from the satellite feed coming through of Asti and the others. She had a feeling, deep within, something didn't sit right. Eric coning to the school to 'help', no Eric never did anything out of the goodness of his heart to help anyone. It was his fault that the professor was in a wheelchair.

Letting out a deep breath, she turned her head, seeing Scott, Storm and Logan enter with Bobby, Rogue and Kitty... 'I can hear you all, and I agree..'.. She looked back at the screen... 'Something isn't right..'

'They're ok, though?..'.. Storm asked, coming to Jean's side.

'So far, but they got a good couple of miles to go. Asti said she wants to keep the magic and powers to a minimum, but even with the four of them, I don't think they stand a chance..'.. Jean used the tablet to zoom in more, and they see the four walking together across the island, away from the harbour.

'We need someone to stay, and keep track, Kitty volunteered..'.. Scott nods to the young girl... 'The rest of us, we're heading out there, you coming?..'.. He asked Jean.

'Did you even need to ask?..'.. She smiled over at him... 'Kit, you know what to do, right?..'

'Yep, you trained me well. I'll have it all linked to the jet by the time you suit up..'.. Kitty stepped forward, her hands behind her back.

'Look, I trust you, but I need to make sure you can handle this. It's not exactly field mission, but it's still a mission. I don't know what we'll see or what's out there, but I don't trust Eric as far as I could throw him..'.. Jean handed the tablet over.

'You're not the only one. I've called in some reinforcements..'.. Logan shook his head... 'As much as I hate the guy, when it comes to Asti, he'll be there..'

'Wade?..'.. Storm looked over to him and Logan nodded.

'Gambit, Raven and Kat too. I know they'll have her back. Besides, the more we have, the better chance of an equal fight..'.. Logan folded his arms.

'We don't know the full extent of what these Angels can do, so it's not really a fair fight..'.. Bobby shrugged, and Rogue clipped his arm.

'You can sit this out if you're scared..'.. She teased him.

'Not scared..'.. He rolled his eyes at her... 'Just stating the truth, we don't know what they can do..'

'Ok, so We'll pick up the others, before heading to the island. We'll stay cloaked, and close to Asti, just in case..'.. Scott, checks his watch... 'Be ready in 30..'

'What about the avengers?..'.. Kitty turned from the screen, to the others... 'Wouldn't it be a good idea to get them involved too?..'

'No. Asti had strict instructions, they stay out of it. They're in the spotlight, and draw more attention than we do..'.. Jean tells her... 'They're watching too, and are doing research..'.. Jean frowned in thought.

'How did Eric know about this angel person anyway? Why go to all this trouble to go out there himself? If they're powerful, and this one had warned people away, how did Eric get close enough to talk with him?..'.. Jean looked between them all.

'We got to get out there, now..'.. Storm rushed from the room, and the others followed.

Jean stopped at the door, turning back to Kitty... 'Kit, I want you to talk with the professor, privately, and not in his office. Who knows if Eric planted anything in there. Fill him in on what we know and what we're doing..'

'You got it Jean. I'll have the feed sent out now..'.. Kitty nodded to her, and started linking the satellite to the jet. She didn't know this Eric well enough, but if it had the others on edge, then he clearly wasn't a good guy. She didn't want anyone to get hurt, and she worried that Asti, her brothers and husband, would be walking into a trap.

😘