(SERIOUS) we need to talk

Hello, my dearest audience. My sincerest apologies for interrupting your reading, but something has come to my attention and I feel that it is necessary to let you all know.

First, let me start off by saying that I would normally post something like this on my Conversations wall, but sometimes I feel like no one really pays attention to what I'm saying when I do that, so I'm choosing to post it here, since I think it will get more attention and the problem is with this particular book.

Second, I want you all to know that I love each and every one of you very much, and this is not so much out of anger as it is out of mere frustration. Keep in mind that what you're about to read is still VERY IMPORTANT, however!

*sigh* Alright, I suppose it's time to address the issue here, even though I'm not very keen on doing so.

I've noticed a concerning habit among several of you (you will not be named publicly nor privately) that has something to do with requests. Basically, I'll spend days—possibly weeks—working on your aforementioned request and put all of my effort into it to put a smile on your face, and you just...disappear. I never get a vote from you, a thank you, or anything of the sort. I just publish the one-shot and mention your username, and then you never acknowledge that it exists.

Now, hold your horses. I understand that sometimes life takes unexpected turns, and you're left without an internet connection or a device that can connect to the internet, (Wattpad requires Internet) or even find yourself in a situation (or multiple situations) where you just don't have the time, energy or motivation to get online. Trust me, I get that. Life isn't easy no matter how old you are, and sometimes you just need a break. There are many circumstances where one could lose access to this app/website, and I cannot begin to list them all off, so please don't come at me with comments like "Well, some of us just get busy", or "I forgot!" Or even "Sometimes people have family or medical emergencies". I get it, alright? I don't know your life, and I'm not posting this to make you feel called out or judged in any way.

All I want to say is that when I spend my free time writing something for you and making a genuine effort, the least you could do is vote on the one-shot and leave a simple thank you. I don't expect a paragraph about how grateful you are or how I'm the best writer ever, (because I am definitely not!) I just want to be shown a little gratitude for my efforts. Writing isn't easy, and it takes quite a bit of energy and thought, which with my current physical and mental circumstances, is a lot to deal with.

I'm not just speaking for myself, either—when someone does something kind for you, wether it's as small as holding open a door or as big as lending you a hundred dollars, thank them. That person likely went out of their way for you, and no good deed deserves to be ignored, no matter how small it may seem.

I applaud you for reading this all the way to the end. Thank you for going out of your way to do so—it means a lot to me. ❤️

Have a great one, guys. God bless.