❛𝐒𝐚𝐛𝐫 𝐨 𝐓𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐮𝐥❜

Thought of The Day: 31-07-2023

What is Sabr o Tahamul?

❛ From his birth to the lap of the grave, a person has to face different stages, sometimes success knocks at his door and sometimes he has to come  face to face with failure.❜

We often hear people saying to those who are overwhelmed by failure, "Work with Sabr o Tahamul ".
What is emphasized here is that what exactly is Sabr o Tahamul ?

Sabr o Tahamul means to be content with the pleasure of Allah, and to move forward with complete trust in the Lord of Lords and The Kings of Kings, The master of the entire universe.

I often come across such thoughts, where I wonder whether trusting Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala is called Sabr o Tahamul or is there more to it?

~🤍~

Many of us might not be fimilar with the fact, that there are actually two types of "Sabr" as prescribed in the Holy Quran
"Sabr bil Jabr" and "Sabr bil Irada".

Let us first understand the concept of "Sabr bil Jabr".
It is when a man sees no refuge except Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala. And he knows he needs to keep patience.

For instance,
When a person close to us dies
We are pretty much helpless
And the only thing we can do
Is to keep patience.

But in contrary to "Sabr bil Jabr", "Sabr bil Irada" is a different case.
Here you've got the option to choose between the right and the wrong.
Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala grants us the opportunity to make a choice.
It is such condition that the faith of a man is truly tested.
For Sabr bil Irada is much harder than Sabr bil Jabr, because here the topic of "Nafs" comes.
But that's a talk for later.

~🤍~

So, yes, to be satisfied with the pleasure of Allah and to be well aware that whatever Allah the Almighty does, our good is sought somewhere in it. At that time, we do not understand what good can be in it.

This is actually the test of our patience, sometimes there are two ways before us. Either to walk on the straight path, and face hardships and get relief in the world after but often we see that people run away during the hardship and seek salvation in the wrong path. Those people have been failing. And after that comes those people who say that we have been patient, but their actions are  complete opposite. If so this is not Sabr o Tahamul.

~🤍~

There are many occasions in the Quran Majid where Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala has advised Man to work with patience.

• References:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّابِرِينَ

"Indeed, Allah is with the patient."

[ Al- Quran, 2:153 ]

🤍

فَاصْبِرْ صَبْرًا جيلًا

"So be patient with gracious patience."

[ Al-Quran, 70:5 ]

🤍

قَالَ لَا تَخَافَا إِنَّنِي مَعَكُمَا أَسْمَعُ وَأَرَىٰ

"Don't fear, I am with you."

[ Al-Quran, 20:46 ]

🤍

سَلَامُ عَلَيْكُم بِمَا صَبَرْتُمْ فَنِعْمَ عُقْبَى الدَّارِ

"Peace be upon you for what you patiently endured. And excellent is the final home."

[ Al-Quran, 13:24 ]

🤍

إن مع العسر يسرا

"Verily with every hardship comes ease"

[ Al-Quran, 94:6 ]

____🤍____

Conclusion:

❛ Sabr o Tahamul is facing difficulties and staying on the straight path and putting complete trust in Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala ❜