Joe's Journey Part 1

A/N:

For those of you who don't know what Power of the Pen is, it is a tournament where they put you in a room with 15-30 other kids, give you a prompt, and give you 40 minutes to write something amazing. This is........ I don't even know. I wrote it for my friends, to be funny, and then it got a really good score..... Hmm. They begged me to write a part 2, so I did. Part 2 was a flop. Then they wanted me to write a part 3, but I told them that Joe was done. So, this is not meant to be good writing. This is meant to be completely humorous.

Tread carefully...... :D

P.S. I may or may not have copied off of my friend's story from the 6th grade for the whole "marshmallow's have a mind of their own" thing. Teehee, sorry :)

__________________________________________________________________

How should I start? How about an introduction? My name is Joe and I'm a white, fluffy, sugary delight. In short, I'm a marshmallow. I mean literally. I've been sitting in a grocery store, in a bag, until the age of five, with the rest of my marshy siblings. Then some old granny bought my bag. The first thing she did was take me home and shove me in a drawer. Now I've been sitting in the darkness, untouched, since last Tuesday.

Now I hear some commotion outside. And my drawer is opened. The granny takes me out of the darkness and into the world of light. I never really thought about how I would be eaten but now my mind is screaming: Please not her! I don't want to be mashed by some wrinkled lady's gums! I'm only five years old! I'm too young to die! But the old lady doesn't even open my bag. She hands it to a small child. The kid hugs me to his chest and I want to scream: Stop kid, you'll make me melt! But of course, as everyone knows, marshmallows can't talk. The kid takes me home and I think: Ah, a gift exchange. At least I won't be eaten by that old hag. But on the way to the kid's house, he opens my nag and starts to eat my siblings. Then, he grabs me and starts to bring me to his mouth. But there's a bump in the road and I go flying into a dark place in the car. A few days later, the kid's older sister finds me. She smiles but doesn't eat me. She doesn't even through me in the trash, she shoves me in her pocket. I'm bumped around as she skips to school. Now she takes me out of her pocket and hands me to this boy. She says, "Here, Jeremy. Try this." I think: Another gift exchange? Well I am a gift and I'm always being exchanged. But the boy doesn't eat me. He throws me on the ground and the two kids run away. Great, now I'm stuck to the pavement.

That night, a huge rain comes and I'm washed into a creek and float down with the water current. I wash up on some rocks. Some hillbilly guy comes up to me and yells, "Look, Hugh! A marshmeller! I ain't eat one o' these since I was a tiny tot." The hillbilly gives me to his friend, Hugh, and I think: Another gift exchange! When will this cycle end?! And just like I asked for it, Hugh says, "Looks good enough to eat!" And he pops me in his mouth. He chews me up and swallows. Now, my pieces sit in his stomach, waiting to make the "final stage of the process." I guess marshmallows really can't die. Besides, we are inanimate objects. Now, not even death can stop me. I am the almighty Joe and one day, humans will bow to me! Maybe. I will rule the world with the power of gift exchange! Maybe.