The Demon Realm (PT. 2: Ezmune's rule.)

Ezmune's rule over the titan trappers:

A huge change occurred in the demon realm when Ezmune, a young scout from the cosmos, was tasked with taking over the role of the huntsman, replacing Elerin. However, this transition was not smooth, especially for Bill, Elerin's lackey and biggest supporter. Bill adamantly preached to his fellow trappers that Elerin, not Ezmune, was the one who had promised them glory.

Ezmune led the trappers very differently from Elerin. While Elerin liked to attack head-on when the time was right, Ezmune preferred to plan carefully, organizing attacks and watching before acting. Bill, as the impulsive individual he was, held great disdain for these methods. He had been patient for centuries, and the wait was killing him. Elerin had kept him alive, which left him in constant agony. He needed to make all of his pain worth it, by being granted glory in return.

Ezmune didn't tolerate any disagreement or disobedience, especially from Bill. She punished those who challenged her authority without hesitation, using Bill as a prime example. He was her favorite trapper to torment. She even experimented on him to learn more about mortals, terrifying the others and making them too afraid to rebel against her.

In her experimenting, she picked up where Elerin had left the draining spell, and enhanced it specifically to kill the witches by draining their life source. (This is how Calypso finds out about it, and by extension, Belos)

Under the command of his siblings, the archivists, Calypso (the collector/collie) with an adventurous spirit, descended from the stars alongside his sister. Unlike Mune, Calypso found no thrill in war, deeming it pointless. It was so dreary, the hardened faces of the mortal soldiers left this empty pit in his chest. Instead of sticking around, he snuck out of the trapper base to find a more promising scenario.

Out on his little adventure, Calypso ran into the fearsome beasts that everyone had been talking about... but these were... babies? He had heard many mean things about Titans from the other star-children, but he thought they could be great fun! He quickly befriended the baby titans, feeling MUCH excitement, which was something he didn't often feel at home. They played lots of games and it was great, but one by one the baby titans slowly began to disappear! 

Curious about where his friends had gone, Calypso went searching for them. Instead, he ran into Titan trappers... mistaking them for Titans at first. 

They recognized him as Ezmune's brother and were intrigued by his so-called titan 'friends', he couldn't possibly have befriended these creatures. The trappers revealed to Calypso that they weren't Titans, but that they could "find" the Titans for him. Calypso thought this sounded like a fun game and agreed! The trappers believed Calypso was deceiving the titans, and wanted the trappers to find and slay them. All would offer to carry out malevolent acts for him, and this would make Calypso feel uncomfortable. This caused Calypso to flee from the trappers and the uneasy feeling they gave him, leading him straight to what he had been searching for!

The Trappers reported Calypso's disappearance to his sister, Ezmune. She immediately knew that her brother was fooling around with the enemy and dispatched troops of trappers out for a search party.

During this time, Calypso genuinely began to bond with the baby titans, who taught him about titan magic. They weren't just a game to him anymore, they were true friends! He even got to meet their parents... The Boiling Isles Titan and Vidia. Calypso had never experienced the feeling of a nurturing adult in their life, since his mother was murdered before he gained a physical form. Calypso was quick to attach himself to Abner, longing for the affection he never had.

The relationship between the two of them was strained, with the Boiling Isles being rather cautious for her babies' safety because of his own past experiences with Star-children. All of his life, he and his people had been terrorized by them. Regardless of his fears, the Boiling Isles tried his best to be a nurturing parent to Calypso, especially since his partner Vidia was half star-child.

 Vidia, on the other hand, was very relaxed around Calypso and the two of them were able to bond over their shared heritage easily. He gave them an insight into the part of their culture that they hadn't been able to explore before, and for this, they were forever grateful. Calypso would put on shows for Vidia and the babies with his powers, which amused them a lot. 

The Boiling Isles was frightened by Calypso's display of power, especially around her fragile babies, and slowly started to distance him from his babies. He urged Vidia to help him make a sanctuary for their children, and they began to build a tower.

Unfortunately, the trappers had tracked down Calypso. Upon sight of the baby titans, they began to slaughter them... believing that Calypso had purposely led them there. Vidia was with their babies at that time and jumped into their defense, fighting viciously. Unfortunately, they were unable to stop the carnage. The Boiling Isles titan returned home, seeing Calypso with the trappers as his babies were murdered. Enraged, she wiped out all but one of the remaining soldiers, mercilessly stomping them to death.

The Boiling Isles stormed to confront Calypso, only to be blocked by Vidia, who defended him. In his fury, he hadn't noticed that Calypso was trying to get the trappers to stop, so she ignored Vidia's pleas and sealed Calypso away in a desperate attempt to protect her last few children.

The Isles insisted that he did what he had to do, to protect their children from the evil that was the cosmos. Vidia was devastated by this statement from the one person they had felt comfortable around, becoming bitter towards him.

The Boiling Isles Titan and Vidia took the remainder of their children and went into hiding with them. Despite the hurt that Vidia felt, they would never leave behind their children.

After finding out that titan blood could free a starchild from their prison,  blood was harvested to free Elerin.. but the supply was destroyed by Grinner and his apprentice, Aubade, as an act of revenge on the huntsman. Growing more and more desperate to free their god, the carnage raged on. During a battle, the trapper base was destroyed by a raid of Titans in an attempt to get rid of the cult. Titans and scouts alike were slaughtered left and right... until there was almost none left. The Boiling Isles titan, Vidia, and their babies were the last ones. The one trapper who had escaped with his life, Bill, informed Mune of Calypso's seal.

 Ezmune led a search party to find and kill the Isles, this time with a group of scouts from the cosmos. Ezmune was enraged over her brother being sealed away, and once they found him, she took this moment as an opportunity to avenge Calypso. Vidia intervened at this moment, attacking and distracting Ezmune so The Isles could seal her. Unfortunately, the blows they had taken from her weakened them.

Once Ezmune was defeated, the scouts had only left behind an egg, Vidia wasn't going to let them win and decided to make the ultimate sacrifice. Vidia screamed for the Isles to run and charged towards the scouts. They were stabbed through the head by a spear. They went down fighting for their last egg to make sure he would get to have the life that they never got to have.

As his partner was struck down, The Boiling Isles titan grabbed their egg and fled to the other side of the world to hide him from the eyes of the starchildren. He took the egg to the tower he and Vidia had built together before they died, wanting to relocate their children there to keep them safe from the war. They'd gotten their wish, at least one of their children would survive this...

Weeks went by, and the guilt that the Isles had felt for sealing the wrong person built up and slowly overtook him. Knowing that his son would be safe under the protection of the glyphs, BI went to free Calypso from his prison. Unfortunately while on his way there, he was ambushed by the trappers and collapsed into the sea with an ear-piercing roar, forming the Isles. 

Bill and what remained of his cult were under the belief that the war was over, now that all the Titans were gone. Even after all of this time, Bill was still adamant about freeing Elerin and receiving the glory and power that had been promised to them all those millennia ago... especially now that that damned titan had blown out his eardrums.

When Bill discovered that the last titan had left behind an egg before dying.. he dedicated his life to finding it. Because of this last remaining egg, the trappers still had a reason to stick together... So they voyaged through the boiling sea to find a new base. They found Vidia's corpse in the sea and decided to claim it as their new home. They named their body 'Trapper Island. '