prologue

So, I've been trying to find the courage and the will to write this story for almost a year.

I honestly don't know what I'll come out of this, but I hope you like it.

Also, the chapters are going to be shorter that what you're used to. But it all has a reason.

Mag 🦋

Prologue.

Together with their families

Louis W. Tomlinson & Eric. J. Hemmings

Request the honor of your company at their
Wedding Celebration

Saturday 21st of August
Four O'clock in the afternoon
Rochdale Royale Platting Lane, Rochdale.

Reception to follow.

My hands were shaking and my head was spinning.
I felt all the oxygen leave my lungs and a pain in my chest so strong that it didn't let me think or focus on anything else but the golden and ivory letter I had in my hand.

My vision was getting blurry and I stumbled until I finally got to sit down on my sofa, trying to at least breathe normally again.
The letter slipped off my fingers, falling softly on the ground.

But the feeling of having it in my hands still remained. As well as the ache that came with reading it.
It was... this letter was something I've never seen coming. Not now nor in a million years.

Louis was getting married.

Suddenly, a lightning illuminated the whole clouded sky outside and a thunder reverberated after, causing the glass windows of my penthouse apartment to shake a little.

And yeah, that was about right. The weather outside matched the storm inside my head and electrifying pain in my heart.

Louis was getting married.

Was that even possible? How could I never think this was a possibility?

I couldn't breathe.
|Again, I felt like I was drowning, being choked and even bleeding out.

It just didn't make sense.
My vision started to turn black and my body was numb on the sofa.

Louis was getting married.

I felt nauseous. I was about to throw up.
I didn't feel my hands anymore, air was lacking. I was drowning.

But something made me snap out of my troubling thoughts, of my stormy mind and my aching heart.
The bell of my apartment had rang, and it was followed by some loud knocks on the door.

"Harry!" - Niall's voice was heard from the entrance of the penthouse. - "Open the fucking door, you twat!"

Gathering strength to stand up and try to calm down my panic attack was harder than I thought, but after a few attempts, I got to open the door looking almost like my normal self.

"Oh my God. You already opened it, didn't you?" - Niall sighed once he saw me.

"Uhm, what?"

"The invitation? Mate, you look like shit."

Well, guess my attempts didn't work, then.

"Do I?" - I asked, still feeling dizzy.

"Yeah, sorry to break it to you." - He walked past me, patted my shoulder and entered my apartment. - "So."