Chapter one: the return of JJ

Los Angeles California

JJ Nash, was smart always. Maybe a little too
Smart, from a young age she'd question why things were the way they were and why people did bad things and it was probably what led her to the FBI. Every first responder has their origin story of how they came to be a first responder and JJ was no exception to that rule by any means.

For her it started in her home town of East Allegheny, Pennsylvania. The loss of her sister when she was just 9 years old. JJ was the one to find her, it took her a while to register what she was seeing and young 9 year old JJ froze. She watched police come in and out all day, EMT's try and save her. But nothing worked.

From that day forward JJ vowed to spend her life protecting others and making sure no story ended, before it had a chance to begin. She worked hard in school and captained the girls soccer team in senior year. That was the first time she crossed paths with Evan Buckley.

You see their schools were always competing against each other. He was the football star of his team and she was the soccer star of her team. The two of them were known to get into it on and off the field. While it was entertaining for everyone else, the two of them got bored of the same old routine.

JJ finished her seniors year top of her class with a full ride scholarship to penn sate, there she studied communications and psychology graduating with honours before landing her job in the FBI as communications liaison. She was essentially a go between for the police departments and the bureau, she'd set up press conferences, co-ordinate search and rescues up and down the country, hunt for bad guys, help with natural disasters and liaise with families who have lost people in tragic circumstances.

That's what led her to this moment...

The moment where she was finally able to move up from communications to lead her own team.

The blonde was ready for this her fresh start in Los Angeles, leading her own team. Getting out of her small town, it was all she wanted and it was all thanks to Athena Grant, that woman had believed in her from the beginning and it was worth it in the end.

But that wasn't her only motive for choosing to accept the offer with the Los Angeles Field office, she had family here. An uncle who she hadn't seen in a while but kept in touch with and she figured that captain Bobby Nash may need reminding of who his family is. That was how she found herself sat outside firehouse 118.

The blonde stepped outside of her car after about ten minutes of debating whether she should go in or not, she was lucky that she had her roommate and closest friend faith Chen by her side, certified swiftie and officer with the Los Angeles police department.

"I don't know if I should be doing this?." JJ blurts out as she closed the car door, her ponytail swaying with how fast she turned around.

"Okay little one, don't worry that pretty little head of yours." Faith says, as she rolled her eyes. "He's your uncle and sure Bobby can be a little uptight, but he's a good guy and he's all about family. So just go in there, I'll be with you." Faith says as she smirked. "Besides I want to see hot firefighters and you're holding me up, so go." Faith laughed as she pushed JJ towards the fire house.