It Starts ⭐️

3rd P.O.V. Limited (Defect Rebel right now is still a Rebel)

"How long did you think this will last?" he thought in his head. It had been a recurring thought and he didn't know the answer. Truth is, he never thought about how long the good times would last, but based off of what he semi remembered (since most of the stuff he knew was pretty much gone at this point), probably until the nextbots invaded their small town. A helpless little town, where nobody would think to protect because of how small and practically isolated from the rest of the world it was, there would obviously be no challenge to invade it. I guess that was how the rebels took over, though, he thought to himself. The man sighed as he stared into the distance, fidgeting with his hands. This man was a rebel himself now. There would be no end to the suffering for someone who's village was invaded and was forced under the rebel leaders' control. Now he worked for them. Still, how did this happen? Why did this happen? What was the end goal? There were so many mysteries, but thankfully after all the time he had worked for the rebels, he developed a good understanding of what was going on.

Now honestly, the working conditions were... interesting to say the least. Not your typical "job". There was food, just not a lot. There was still people you could get along with, they just happen to die soon later. It's pretty much expected, if not guaranteed though- since the so called "war"(well not actually a war) we have with a company or rather 2 companies called "Elysium Corporation" and "Atomic Innovations". He didn't know much about it, but his only guess was- Because we have been trying to find a lot of artifacts, I can only guess it's about them. Don't know exactly what's so special, though. Who cares if this artifact is more golden then another? Who cares if it is more pretty? But that might be because I didn't get any education about how business works and anything about these mysteriously rare artifacts before getting snatched from my old life and forced into this. Actually though? It's mostly because they keep whatever these objects do a secret, he thought to himself, wondering about it. It certainly was strange.

The main part of what they did is figure out which dimensions have the so called artifacts that is in demand due to an 'ongoing conflict' (probably the nextbot invasion, he thought) and shoot down anyone who was in their way. Obviously, this is bad, but what would you expect from a uhh, coalition that takes over helpless towns? Yeah, nothing out of the unexpected.

This definitely doesn't take away the fact that this is plain horrible, though, he thinks to himself grudgingly. But how could you blame him? He had his life ripped apart and shredded in front of him. "Hey," someone called out to him, footsteps thudding against the floor. It took a little while for him to remember who this was. It was another person who was forced into this mess, and although he didn't know him much, he knew enough to feel bad. "The leaders said we need to get going to Seraph Research. According to them, there are some new artifacts that need to be stored there for testing." Wow, already? I thought we just settled here yesterday, he thought. It was pretty concerning how much traveling they had already done in the past week, let alone this month. "Alright," he responded. Short answer, but it gets the job done. "Okay, see you there. Make sure to head to the Teleporting and Navigations room." He simply nodded, and looked back and forth from where he was to the hallway that the room was in. "I better go in..." He murmured under his breath as he started walking towards it.