1

Peaches to the top/side cuz Joanna is

X X X

"Peaches!"

"Peaches, get up!"

I groan, rolling away from my brothers hands to stuff my face into my pillow. "Go away, Beau."

His hands shake my shoulders once again. "It's one in the afternoon. Get up. I've got friends coming over."

I lift my head up to glare at him. "Why do you even still live here?"

"Cuz you'd miss me if I left." He gives me one of his more boyish grins and leaves my room.

I huff, relishing the warmth and comfort of my bed, knowing that I have to leave it.

After a while I hear the front door opening and voices filling the house. I don't know why my brother still lives with us, even though he's twenty five.

I sit upon bed, stretching my arms and legs, my back cracking. I pull on a pair of comfy shorts under my big grey sleep shirt, tousling the hair on top of my head as a yawn escapes my mouth.

I shuffle out of my room, my fuzzy socks scraping the carpet as I drag my feet down the hall. I can hear my brothers friends laughing and yelling in the living room as I go down the stairs. I pass them as I go to the kitchen, but none of them notice me. It's not like I'm complaining. My brothers friends aren't the most gentlemanly type out there.

With sluggish actions I pour some fruit loops into a bowl, hardly paying attention to what I'm doing and spilling half of it onto the bench.

With a shrug I continue eating, hopping up onto the bench amongst the cereal.

"Hello."

My head shoots up at the sound of that delicious voice.

I nearly fall off the bench when I look at him. He's tall, much taller than me. But then again, most people are. He has brown hair cut close to his head and dark stubble framing his strong face. His intense brown eyes burn into mine as I struggle for something to say.

He smirks as his eyes drift down to my exposed shoulder and my bare legs.

"Beau never told me he had such a pretty sister." He grins.

"Oh, um," I stutter for an answer, "he doesn't. I mean, I'm not really."

The man grins and moves closer, so that he's nearly standing in between my legs. "I'm Liam." He rasps, and I can't help but notice his huge biceps flexing lightly.

"Peaches." I whisper back at him.

He smirks, giving me a quick flash of his teeth. "Peaches."

I've never thought my name was anything special, but coming from his mouth it sounds like a caress.

"Liam, mate, what are you doing in here?" My brothers voice announces his arrival before he waltzes into the kitchen.

Liam has moved away and Beau goes to rummage in the fridge for another beer.

"Why are you eating cereal, Peachy? It's mid afternoon." Beau asks.

"I'm hungry because you woke me up and made me get up." I roll my eyes at him.

"Don't be so sour little sister. You need to start maintaining a healthy social life." He huffs.

"My social life is just fine, thanks." I hop off the bench and wash up my plate, trying to ignore Beau's blabbering to Liam and Liam's staring.