Kabanata 34

Kabanata 34

Trauma

I was walking somewhere else as I stared at the keys in my hand. I don't know what to do with this one. Hindi ako makapaniwala na ginagawa nga talaga niya ang lahat. I don't know if it's for me, but one thing that makes me happy is that she makes our dream come true.

Isa ang bahay sa gusto naming dalawa. I even forgot about that, but ngayon nagawa niya. Natirhan ko pa! 

Tumingala ako sa langit, habang tinatanaw ang mga bituin na nagniningning sa kalangitan. I wish I could go back in time and choose not to run away from her. I left her emotionally, which was what she needed the most. But we still achieve all that we dream of, despite being away from each other.

Umuwi ako sa condo nang madaling araw na. Jamir slept on the sofa, and the TV was still on. I turned off the TV and headed to my room. I feel so weak and tired today. Hindi ko alam kung bakit. But one thing I know right now is that I want to rest.

I didn't take off my clothes and just jumped in bed and laid down there comfortably. While the keys are in my hands. I squeeze it so tightly as if I am afraid of losing it again. Like a cave, it was all in the dark, and the keys were my way to find the light. 

I was at the highest level of genuine happiness, but now it has turned into a low level of sadness. 

“Why do things need to be messed up like this? Napapagod na ako.”

I have always said that, but here I am still striving to live! How funny, Felicity; you blame her yet ikaw pala talaga ang masama. You are not the protagonist, but the destroyer of the protagonist's happiness. What a sad life you have, dear.

“But they said that if you wanted your life to be beautiful and peaceful, make it beautiful and peaceful. How?” I whispered it to myself.

Eve lived her life the way she wanted! I am happy for her. She found peace. Habang ako nandito, being stuck in this unhappiness of mine.

"Felicity, can I ask you a question?"

Napatigil sa pagsubo nang magsalita si Kuya. I looked at Jamir, stopped eating, and gazed at my brother. Binalik ko ang tingin ko kay Kuya. He looks so bothered. Bigla akong kinabahan baka magtatanong si Kuya kung bakit biglaan ang paguwi ko dito. Wala akong panahon para magsabi kung bakit ako bumalik. Nakakapanabik bumalik ulit sa bahay na iyon at kausapin si Eve. Pero natatakot ako sa anong possible na mangyayari kung sakali babalik nga ako.

Maayos ba namin o mag aaway lang kami habang inuungkat ang nakaraan.

"Yeah, what is it?"

He looks beside him, which is the view from our table. We are here in the finest restaurant in town. Dahil weekend ngayon, and Kuya wants us to have time for each other. Jamir has been busy with his new company to build, while Kuya is busy with his small business in Manila. Na busy na rin ako sa trabaho ko at kina Mama. At isa pa sa nagpapa bagabag sa akin na isang bahay lang pala kami ni Eve. Ngayon ko lang iniisip na ang kaluslos na narinig ko pala noong nakaraan ay hindi multo kung hindi isang tao! At higit pa doon, siya ang may ari ng bahay.

Binalik niya sa 'kin ang tingin pagkatapos niyang bumuntong hininga.

"This is very... I might trigger you with this question... does Tita Ilene mention... about her husband's son?"