part 8

Florence

16th January 2023

"Florence?" Loren snapped me out of my deep thoughts, shouting my name. We were in a bar on a Monday night. We were already a little tipsy but honestly I wasn't feeling it tonight. I just wanted to be at home asleep.

"Sorry, I zoned out." I told Loren, picking up my pornstar martini and taking a sip. I hadn't heard a word Loren had said.

"Are you alright?" She mouthed to me, knowing speaking was pointless over the loud music. 

I gave her a small nod.

"Would a line make you feel better?" Gracie asked. She could tell I wasn't myself but she never pushed me to tell her what's up.

I never really went out with Loren and Gracie at the same time but I needed something to take the edge off but turned to Gracie for help. Loren had met her once before and didn't particularly like her. She called her a bad influence, but I was as bad as Gracie so she couldn't say much.

I nodded to Gracie and she pulled a bag out of her pocket, pouring some coke onto the table.

I got an eye roll from Loren as I used a straw to snort the line.

"I got someone coming over here to grab some coke, gimme a sec." Gracie told me.

Fuck sake.

"You alright Gracie?" A cheery voice came from my left, looking up I saw Niall standing over the table waiting for the coke Gracie was selling him.

I knew Niall was one of Harry's band members and remembered Harry had said he expected Niall to be there when I woke up that morning in his apartment. Harry was probably here, but I didn't know if he was into clubbing the night before work. Perhaps he had Orla. I was snapped out of my thoughts once again, but this time by Niall shouting across to the whole table. "You can all come if you'd like." His unmissable Irish accent said to us.

"You coming too?" Gracie asked me.

"Going where?" I questioned. I hadn't listened to whatever it was we were being invited to.

"The party Niall just invited us to?" Grace gave me a confused look.

I fiddled with the edge of my dress I was wearing, looking down at my feet, "yeah I guess I could." I shrugged. I didn't really want to but Loren would convince me and so would Gracie.

"Yeaaa we're in!" Gracie cheerfully announced so that Niall could hear, a big grin appearing on his face

I hope Harry isn't there.

Before I knew it we were all in the back of a taxi, making our way to the address we'd been given by Niall. I didn't know who's party it was, where we were going or why the fuck I said yes.