17

17 - No lies

Hinata's POV:

"Did he hurt you..?" Neji asked again while I was remembering the war, my senses gradually came back. I looked at them with shocked eyes like I wasn't expecting them to ask again.

I think of Sasuke and our moments with his friends, it was short but memorable. I felt free for the first time, I couldn't even feel that even when I'm home. Why would I call a house a home I can't even rest?

In here, I should be making father proud, I should be strengthening myself, I should be the person they'd expect me to be!

But with Sasuke.. I was myself, I was never forced to be anything except just being with them. For that short time, I actually enjoyed something.. I enjoyed a home that I don't own. I rested in a bed that I wasn't familiar to. I had my serenity with them.

All my life I'd been forced and was told to be someone else, I was the heiress. I should be smart, strong, and powerful. But then, I'm also just a human right..?

I can't even say no to my father! Hah! I scoffed by my thoughts.

"No" I answered with full sincerity, he really didn't. He trained me, my heart, and my soul. I should be thankful other than be scared and to freak out.

They should also be thankful of him, because in one swift he can danger everyone here. Yet he was laying low in the prison, accepting his faith.

"Hah! He abducted you Hinata! How can you say that so... easily?" Kiba asked me and scoffed, I looked at him straight to the eyes. He's scoffing at my seriousness.

"You asked and I answered, what made you think that it was hard to say the truth?" I asked Kiba, still looking deep into his eyes.

I don't hate Kiba, but I know where this is going. A fight. I don't want anymore fight, I'm sick and tired of people fighting just because of each other's opinion!

"What did he do to you Hinata?!" Kiba almost shouted with worry in his eyes, my eyes softened. I should've not thought badly about Kiba, he just wanted to protect me.

"He fought and trained me, that's what he did." I answered, my voice is kind of shaking so I gulped the lump in my throat. I don't wanna look like I'm lying because I really am telling the truth.

"I don't believe you" He spoke back, I almost glared at him. But my old friends gaze was judging me..

"Hey, Hinata said what happened already! She's our friend we should believe her!" Ino stood up and went behind my back to console me, she placed her hand on my back and started caressing it like she knew what I was feeling.

"What? You're shocked because your so called 'Villain' actually did something nice that you can't accept because he's Sasuke! He's perfect and was always getting what he wants! The arrogant Sasuke you can never fight! T-the.." I stopped when all of their eyes was all on me, trying to process everything I just shouted.

I held my hand and tightened my hold on myself, "Why.. is it so hard for all of you to believe me!" My voice broke.

"Because you're not the old Hinata anymore, you've changed. Don't expect us to still know you than what we knew before those 5 months" Shikamaru made a point. Right.. I was basically a stranger now.

"Fine then, I already said my part and that.. should be enough right? T-the moment I stood here.. all your stares were full of judgement! Just because I didn't have the courage to escape!? Where in the first place you all failed to find me!? Why.." My voice broke again as my breath are getting heavier and heavier.

"Calm down, tell them.. I trust you, my brave woman." Ino whispered, my tears are uncontrollably falling.

"Oh god, I should've stayed in that hideout! How dumb of me." I scoffed and turned my back away from them, I know Ino was still following me but I didn't turn my back at her.

My emotions right now is.. uncontrollably.

They're right.. I'm not the girl I was before. Those 5 months.. I can't believe something really changed. I just wanted to be myself..

Can't I be myself anymore? Do I have to continue lying just to make them be proud and.. make them happy?

How could my father think of me? As a lying entitled brat who couldn't escape an Uchiha's wrath? Or maybe just a trash who's laying low but never again gonna be useful.

I'm not gonna make myself be pitiful anymore.. from now on, No lies just truth.

**
A/N: Hello! I know you might say that 'That's so not Hinata' but I wanna give her a character development in my story so please understand that.

AMIERXstories - sasuhina