chapter 3

Meerab came back to her senses when Murtasim moved forward to open the door completely to enter her flat. She tried to close the door but it was too late he was already inside.

"Aap yahan kya kar rahe hain? Aap jante hain apko yaha aane ki ijazat nahi hai." She said to his back as he had already moved to the small hall which was looking even smaller due his towering presence.

"Aur mujhe yaha aane se rokega kaun?" He turned to finally to address her. "Hmph. Tumhe lagta hai tumhare Baba ya ek legal document mujhe rok sakta hai? Main sirf apne bete ki khushi ke liye chup tha. Kyuki mein janta hu ke ek bachche ko uski ma se door karna kitna bada zulm hai. Lekin agar tumhari zid uske zehan par ghalat asar daal rahi hai to mein chup chap nahin bethuga. Mein usey apne sath Hyderabad le jane aaya hu." He told her with an authority of a feudal lord, that he was. Where noone can deny or question his decision.

"He's already disturbed. Behtar hoga ke aap uske samne koi tamasha na khada karen. Agar aap ko uski mental health ka itna hi khayal hai to apne affairs usse chhupa kar rakhiye jab tak wo itna bada na ho jaye ke in mamlat ko samajhne lage." She said with suppressed anger. If she thought it will make him feel bad then she was wrong because her words only entice him.

"Really? You say my affairs are affecting him. But I am man of needs Meerab. Then whom do you suggest I should bestow my attentions on?" He said scanning her head to toe. His eyes settled back on her face, shining with a dark excitement. Meerab stepped back by the force of the sudden change in his mood. She felt nervous perspiration running down her spine."Since as much as I know he is very possessive of your position as his mother and he doesn't like anyone threatening it."

"I have already suggested you should k.. keep your affairs hidden from him." She said moving towards the kitchen making sure to not come in contact with him. Why was she stammering again. She hated to see herself so weak when it comes to him. "Behtar hoga agar aap din me Arham se milne aayen kyunke wo so chuka hai. Aur mujhe abhi boht sara kaam karna hai. So I can't entertain you anymore." She said cleaning the counter-top as Murtasim had moved to stand on kitchen door.

"Mein yahan tum dono ko apne sath le jane aaya hu. Arham ki teacher se meri baat hui hai aur mujhe ye bilkul nahi gavara ke mera beta tumhari zid ki wajah se suffer kare." Meerab turned around to look at him with disbelief on his words. Did he said what she heard?

"Sorry? You must be out of your mind if you think I will ever go back to that hell of a place." Meerab felt a malicious satisfaction to see the smirk, that was pasted on his face, wiped off. She turned back to continue cleaning.

"If I can bear living with a coward, trickster of a wife for my son. So you can also live in that hell of a place, if you really want to keep him with you." He said standing right behind her. She didn't notice when he moved from his position. She couldn't take him insulting her like this in her own home. She had had enough. She turned around to slap him. But he caught her hand mid air.

"Sochna bhi mat Meerab." His voice was ice cold. But his expressions changed in a second. He was back in control. "Lagta hai tumhari yaad-dasht kamzor ho gai hai. Tumhe yaad dilana padega ke apne shohar se kaise paish aate hain." He said in a husky voice. His eyes moving to her lips, making them tingle. She gasped due to the unwanted sensation. Which made a smirk crept on his face sensing her reaction.

"Aap mere shohar nahi hain. Sirf chand dino me humari divorce final ho jayegi. Isliye behtar hoga aap yahan se chale jayen." She decided to talk civilly with him because she was not ready to face his other side at the moment. She
turned around to pick things from the counter. But she had no idea what she was doing. He legs were feeling like jelly. "Arham 12 baje school se wapas ayega. Aap tab aakar usey apne sath le ja sakte hain."