The Revival of the Purple Lion

Hello, it's been like an entire year I think. But, welcome we going back to my past and it's another Voltron Fanfic. God, I feel like I'm back in quarantine. I hope you enjoy it. 

Question: Who's your favorite Voltron character? (including side characters)

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Log #2893

Planet Status: Desolated

Time:10:23 AM?

Kaiden was stranded alone on a desolated planet. His lion was out of commission after an emergency crash landing, and Kaiden himself was left in dormancy. Who knows how long Kaiden has been asleep on this planet?

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

The sound of beeping went off repeatedly. Kaiden stirred in his sleep, his ears twitched, bothered by the loud noise. 

'Wake up, Kaiden.' A voice called out in his mind.

The male soon opened his eyes. Blinking to adjust his vision to the brightness of the planet's sun. Once his vision cleared, he looks around and sees the stress signal. He reaches over, tapping a button on the keyboard below.  

"Blue..." Kaiden speaks, his throat raspy from the lack of moisture. Suddenly, a sting of pain runs through his head. He grunts, placing his hand on his head.

'You have minor injuries. But, other than that, you're in good condition.' The lion spoke.

"How long have I been out?" Kaiden asked his lion.

'It's been 5 Deca-Phoebs.' they respond. (1 deca-phoeb = 1 year)

"Fuck." Kaiden cursed. He begins typing on the keyboard, the location of the blue lion's signal. Kaiden's eyes follow the thread of light traveling across his screen. "Altea?" Kaiden questions, as the blue lion's final locate points to the planet.

"Via, can you operate?" The lion grumbles, saddened. 'Unfortunately, I am unable to move from my position due to the crash. My communications have also been damaged significantly.'

Kaiden fell back into his seat. "What about resources? What do we have left?"

'Another first-aid kit is still fully stocked. Our food, on the other hand.... we're running short.'' Via presented. Kaiden runs his hand through his hair, thinking. They were in no right to fly out and find Blue. And going to Altea as a Blade might not go well. Zarkon could find Kaiden and if he does, he'll take Via away from him.

"Can we risk it?" Kaiden breathed.

'It's your call, Kaiden.' Via asserted.

Kaiden took a minute to think before standing up. He hissed slightly when the pain shoots through his knee. He holds it together and powers through the walk to the small hidden compartment in the back of the cockpit. Not only that, but he grips the handle and yanks it open. He's presented with the said first-aid kit, some leftover bread, his civilian clothes and... his Marmora blade.

He scoops every item into his arms and makes it back to the seat. Likewise, he begins to wrap himself up. Treating the bigger injuries first. "Via, how fast can you repair the comms?" his voice muffled as he talks through the bandage he placed between his teeth.

'2 Vargas at max.' Viva responded.

"Alright, let's get started." Kaiden acknowledged.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

'Kaiden, everything has been fixed. We're ready to go.' Via spoke as Kaiden was finished changing out of his Blade of Marmora uniform. Though he piloted the purple lion, he never wore his paladin uniform. There was no Voltron and the Blade was his only home, and the mask of the Blade made it a better way to hide his identity from his enemy.

"Good, give me an update on Blue." He ordered.

Beeping sounds echoed through the cockpit, screens popping up as Kaiden took a seat.  Following the blue lion, four other lions appeared during their repair time. Kaiden looked in disbelief. "Voltron.... they're all here." 

'They have found their new paladins. The Princess of Altea is alive.' Viva claims.

Kaiden was conflicted. For deca-phoebs, from the moment Kaiden was born, Voltron no longer existed but, with his discovery of his own lion, he believed he was the only one. Now, there were more like him. 

Kaiden placed his hands on the controls. "Via, what's our ETA to Altea?" 

'Judging by our location, We will make no more than 1 Varga.' Viva returned.

With the information confirmed, Kaiden starts up the Lion and blasts off into the sky, exiting the planet's atmosphere.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘