𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑀𝑖𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑙𝑒

Xiao made his way towards the front door of your house, a small bag in hand that he hoped would cheer you up, at least a little. He knew the last few weeks had been hard on you, and it hurt to see you go through it all.

Luckily, your home wasn't far from Liyue Harbor, so the food he'd picked up from one of the restaurants there would still be warm when you got it. It was late at night now, but luckily, one of them had still been open so he could get you your favorite meal and snacks. Despite the late hour though, he could see a few figures gathered by your door.

Instantly, he knew who they were, and he felt his blood begin to boil at the fact that they had the audacity to come around looking for you at this hour. You couldn't even answer the door right now, much less come out and greet them or solve their problems, which was what they were really here for. He gripped the handles of the bag tighter now, walking a bit faster towards the group of people.

"Tell me," he spat now that he'd gotten closer, instantly grabbing the attention of everyone standing at your door, "What business do you all have showing up here at this time of night?"

"Ah, Mr. Xiao!" One of the men, Dr. Rashon, the Adeptus recognized him as, took a step forward now as fake smile appeared on his face. "We mean no trouble, really! We just need to seek an audience with Y/n, that's all. Tell me, are they home now? We've been waiting quite a while for them to come to the door."

Xiao's eyes narrowed at the doctor, knowing they'd all probably been camping out here for hours in the hopes that they'd catch one of you coming home. Unfortunately for them, it had been him they ran into.

"The whereabouts of my fiancé are none of your business," he spat, a dark expression covering his face, "Especially for you who did not even bother to announce your presence before showing up at our home." He knew these doctors had been persistent when it came to talking with you, but he hadn't expected them to ever go this far. He had half a mind to teach them a lesson right now, but his priority was still to get back to you as soon as possible.

"Yes, well, we would have informed Y/n of our visit earlier," Dr. Rashon replied awkwardly, "But I have not seen them in the harbor in quite some time, so it had been difficult to contact them."

Xiao's eyes narrowed even more, if that were possible. He drew in a breath, trying to scrape together the last of his patience as he replied.

"Well, they are not home at the moment," he lied, "They've been out of Liyue for work for a while now, so I suggest you all be on your way." The last part came out sounding like a threat, but he couldn't even be bothered anymore. You weren't in a position to help any of these doctors like they wanted, and even if you had been, he knew it wouldn't have worked that way. These people just couldn't get that through their minds.

He pushed through the small crowd now, taking out his key as he began unlocking the door to go inside. He hoped they would all just leave once he stopped talking to them; you didn't need the stress of knowing that they were present.

"Is that so?" Dr. Rashon spoke as the Adeptus swung open the door, nearly smacking one of the nearby doctors in the face as he did so.

"Yes." He replied shortly, and was about to slam the door in the man's face when he continued.

"Tell me, Adeptus Xiao, are the rumors true?" He asked, a smug look coating his face as the yaksha's amber eyes looked over at him, "Is Y/n really in such bad shape that they cannot so much as leave their home anymore?"

Xiao didn't reply, nor did his expression give anything away, but the doctor kept talking.

"That's what everyone's saying; that they're ill, that they can't even fight like they used to anymore," he explained, placing his hands behind his back as he leaned down to look at the Adeptus, "That they're dying."