Camp Half-Blood

Word Count: 1146

A/N: I love Percy Jackson so much so it inspired me to write this yay

edit about a year after I first posted this: yeah, I know this is cringeworthy and has some incredibly stupid scenes and logic, but please bear with me here lmao

-x-

PHIL'S POV

I put my hands in my pockets, nervously looking at the floor. Everyone crowds around me as a bright pink light flashes around me. People whisper and laugh to each other. Others stand in awe.

'This boy is the son of Aphrodite.'

'Haha. He must be so girly then.'

'Why would a boy be a child of Aphrodite?!'

One voice overpowers the rest.

'Philip Lester has been claimed by Aphrodite, goddess of beauty and love.' Chiron announces. This is where you're supposed to be cheered on. But all I get is silence. I've attended camp half blood for about a month, but haven't been claimed until now. All is silent and I don't lift my head. I hear a slight clapping. I lift my head to see the new kid clapping his hands slightly. When he notices me looking at him, he stops and sinks back into the crowd. I only have time to capture his brown hair and dark eyes. A girl emerges from the crowd, grabbing my arm. 

'Hey Phil, I'm Sophie and I'm the leader of the Aphrodite Cabin. Come with me, I'll show you to your room.' The girl says. She drags me over to the large cabin, decorated in pink and red. Hearts line the windows. I sigh as I am dragged through the doors. We stop in front of a room on the second story. 'You're currently the only boy here so you can get your own room.' Sophie explains, 'I'll get your stuff from the Hermes Cabin.' She leaves me. I sit on my bed, sighing. Great, I think, now I'm probably going to be made fun of for being a boy in Aphrodite. One of the beds is already made so I go and lie in it. Sleep overtakes me.

It's lunchtime now. I sits at the Aphrodite table. We have all already given our portion of food to the gods. The girls in the cabin sit as far away from me as possible. I eat my lunch in silence. I feel a tap on my shoulder and for a split second I think it might be the boy from before. 

It's not. It is a girl who looks about the same age as me. I recognise her from the Demeter cabin. She looks shyly at me. 'Hi, I'm Julie and I like you.' She spits out fast, almost tripping on her own words. That's awkward, I think,  I'm gay. 

'Umm...' I begin, 'thanks for the offer and all... but... I don't like girls.' I say awkwardly.

'I knew it!' She screams. Two other girls run forward, laughing. 'It was a dare, btw.' She says, laughing.

'Yeah!' One of her friends laughs, 'we knew you were gay so we dared her to do it! You owe me ten dollars!' She finishes. The entire lunch area has gone quiet, except for the girls' laughter. Everyone is staring. I look down, face going bright red. The girls quieten and run off. There are whispers everywhere. Some people are pointing at laughing at me. Soon the chatter rises again, but I am still blushing red. I feel another tap on my shoulder. I just know it's going to be a person laughing at me. So I shout and push them. 

'Go away!' I shout. I lift my head and to my absolute horror I see the new boy, lying on the ground. 'Oh my gods.' I say, helping the boy up. The boy stares at me. I can see his eyes clearer now. They are not the dull brown I saw before. They are a bright chocolate colour with many flecks of gold scattered throughout. The boy notices my staring and shakes his head.

 'I-I'm Dan.' He says, his voice shaking. 

'I'm Phil.' I reply. Dan is cute. And I mean really cute. His hands are in his pockets, his brown hair swaying in the slight wind. Dan yelps as a bright light appears above his head. I jump back in surprise and everyone else stares. Above his head is a light in the shape of... a skull? The light fades away. Chiron comes running toward him, worry on his face. His whispers something to himself then announces, 

'Daniel Howell has been claimed by... Hades. God of the Underworld.'

  =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I gasp slightly, joining the other gasps around me. Dan looks down. Chiron keeps whispering things about how this should be impossible. Dan awkwardly smiles at me, and I smile back. Everyone is murmuring quietly. Chiron speaks, 'This can't be possible. Your dad is one of the Big Three. He's not supposed to have children...' He stays. Dan sweeps a bit of his chestnut hair from his face. I grab him by the hand I pull him behind the Aphrodite cabin. 

'You alright?' I ask, letting go of his hand.

'Yeah. I'm fine, just a little overwhelmed.' He replies, again moving his fringe from his eyes. He stares at me for a while. I look back, allowing myself to get lost in his eyes. He is adorable.

I love him so much already. His brown eyes, his chestnut hair. He whispers something indecipherable.

'What did you say?' I ask, concentrating on his eyes even more.

'Nevermind.' He says, looking down. I lift his head up. He looks into my eyes.

'You know Aphrodite's blessing?' He asks, looking. I shake my head.

'When a child of Aphrodite is claimed, they get covered in a pink-red mist. When it clears, they become perfect. In looks I mean. Their hair is automatically fixed, their clothes changed. That happened to you. You instantly became more beautiful. That when I knew.' Dan explains timidly. 'You knew what?' I ask.

'I knew that... I loved you.' He finishes, looking ever more deeper into my eyes.

'I love you too.' I reply, hesitantly. He moves his lips onto mine. They crash together. It only lasts a few seconds, but those seconds are blissful. He pulls away. He smiles.

'I honestly never would have thought a son of Hades and a son of Aphrodite would ever get together.' I say, smirking. His eyes widen.

'You want to be... together?' Dan asks, excitement creeping into his voice. I nod. He pulls my lips onto his again. I enjoy it more this time. 

'There you two ar- OH MY GODS!' I hear a voice scream. I pull away from Dan as fast as I can. I turn to see Sophie standing there, mouth open in shock. Her mouth curls into a smirk.

'I ship it.' She says and walks off, laughing to herself. 

'Uh... What?' I ask. Dan looks about as confused as I am. He grabs my right hand in his left. 

I smile, knowing I love him.

And he loves me.