Chapter 6- Meeting

SEBASTIAN'S POV 

Christian and I decided to have an urgent meeting this morning. The topic for the meeting is to inform everyone what is the current process of the hotel. I was tired of listening to the opinions of my co-workers regarding our hotel. They're good but I just feel so blue, I wish I can go home early as possible. 

"What happened to you? Are you ok?" Christian asked 

"Ahh just tired. I badly want to sleep." I said replying to his question. 

"Bro you need to take care of yourself too, as you've been stressing about our business. Don't worry I won't let our business bankrupt. Christian said.

"It was my fault Christian. I'm so sorry. Maybe if I didn't become toxic before, probably our business run successfully.". I said as I feel guilty again. 

"Nahh.. there you are again blaming yourself. I understand you, bro, It's been a while since you already change and that's enough.". 

I couldn't reply to Christian again since I feel too guilty maybe he will leave me soon if we can't recover the hotel. Christian is not just my business partner but my best friend. I'm thankful that he stayed with me for a long time. I can't even believe that he remained his trust for me, and speaking of his patience; it was long-lasting, but probably not until I win whenever we play a game. In essence, I feel great that he's with me all the time. I'll promise that I will do everything so that I don't disappoint him in the end. 

After an exhausting day, I finally returned to my sweet home. My body was so tired the entire day, I already take the medicine as soon I arrived. I badly wanted to sleep but I couldn't there were so many thoughts traveling along in my mind. Mostly about the business, I'm just afraid that I can't pay those people who helped me through this. I'm afraid to be left again. For some reason, I wish this is all a dream that I am just dreaming all the time. Maybe If I didn't choose this career and just lived like an ordinary man, probably I can't go through this. Sometimes, I questioned myself if I am really happy doing this. If I was satisfied enough after I achieved what I have dreamed of? since I never feel that happiness again the day that she left. 

“If her brother was here all the time, does she also live here in Paris?”
I lost contact with her for about 6 years. She probably moved on...
for somehow I'm curious if we didn't break up, will she stay beside me also as Christian did?

“Ahh gosh, what I am thinking about?!
Geez it's already 2 am, and I badly want to sleep. Should I take a sleeping pill?"

“No that won't do, probably gonna watch Netflix or should I go outside?”

I was about to go outside when I remember that eating would be the best thing to do at this time. And so, I quickly go to the kitchen and decided to find some food in the refrigerator but the refrigerator was out of food to eat. “No way! What I am gonna do now?". I have no choice but to go back to my room and try to sleep again but I couldn't. There I am facing the ceiling. Maybe for this night, I was overthinking everything. “Should I drink wine instead? Nah I have taken medicine there's no way I'm gonna do that” While on my bed, I found a familiar book, I decided to read it and remember that this book was with me 6 years ago but I didn't finish it- wait it was her gift for me. Sebastian continues to read the book and while reading he found a piece of paper that sticks on page 143, It was a letter.