39

"Okay, Y/N, it was just a dream. Just an amazing stupid dream" I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. "That dream was so amazing. Ugh, Matt" I whined, recalling every detail of the dream. Our made up daughter, and the feeling of his lips on mine.

There was a sharp pang in my chest when the next thought hit me. I want to have a family with him, and to have mini Matt's running around. Girls and boys.

"There's so much that I want with you, Matt" I mumbled, as tears fill my eyes, but nothing could ever cloud the dreams that sit behind them. The dreams that my heart yearned for. I want to be able to call him mine, and even if he doesn't know it, I've been his for longer than I've known.

The sound of the coffee machine got me out of bed, where I've been stuck, unable to leave for far too long. My feet touch the floor as the images sting my mind.

"You're going to be late!" Holly scoffed when I walked into the kitchen. "Aren't you going to have coffee?"

I shook my head, hoping to scramble the ideas and pictures in my mind. I was already dress, ran the brush through my hair and put on some makeup. I grabbed a muffin, making my way to the door, feeling like a zombie.

"Y/N, are you okay? You won't be late, you have ten minutes before you need to leave. I was joking" She called after me, but I pulled my boots on as she said my name again. "Hey, what's wrong?"

When I reach the closet door, her hand stops me. "Boob" she mumbled and guided me over to the couch.

"What is it? Did something happen?"she asked, but I kept my eyes on my bag.

"I had the weirdest dream of my life" I admit, surprised at the sound of my own voice.

"Tell me about it. It bothers you, I can tell"

"I was with Matt, working with him" I started, and shook my head, looking elsewhere. "I just came back after maternity life, because we had a baby together. He got mad at me for not finding a good client for a case, and then he said I could do anything to make up for it and-" I stopped and her eyes widened.

"That's intense, Y/N. Why is it so-" she replied, resting her hand on my arm. "Sorry, I haven't had my coffee either, I'm a little slow"

"It's what I want. I don't even start for another five days, and I already miss him even though we've been texting. Now, I miss him more because of my dream" I sighed as my heart ached.

"It sounds like maybe you should visit a certain someone today" she suggested and I looked up at her. "Come on, it's not that hard. Make up an excuse to go see him! Oh, you just had to drop off a document-"

"Or, I could bring Luke lunch"

"Yeah, make him jealous! Make him think you're there to eat with him, but it's for Luke! He'll go nuts, please do it or I won't talk to you for the rest of the day" I laughed and nodded.

"Who knew four hours could feel so long?" I huffed, standing up to put on my jacket, hugging Holly as I counted down the minutes until my lunch break.

~

"Since when do you bring me lunch?" Luke asked, staring at the brown paper bag in front of him.

"Because you're my best friend, and I'm nice" I answered, shrugging as I unwrapped the burger from its wrapper.

Soon, my burger was gone and so were my fries. Meanwhile, Luke was still eating as I stole glances at him.

"Okay, go" He sighed, waving his hand at me.

"What?"

"I know you're not here for me" he said and I narrowed my eyes at him. "And it's okay, I appreciate the lunch, but go see him. I'm sure he's dying to see you"