⊰02⊱

BABY BIRD

BABY BIRD

"Hey, we do what we do best. We improvise,
all right?"
- Brian O'Conner

MY FATHER WALKED IN the door, reeking of alcohol.

Nothing New just the same per usual. He placed his shoes at the door and a beer bottle at hand.

"Hey dad." I spoke quietly.

He looked up and went back to slowly sipping his beer.

He paced back in forth in the kitchen, "I thought I told you to make dinner." He burped.

"I'm sorry I had homework." I mumbled.

"Whatever." He scoffed.

He slowly stared at the sink then back up at me.

"Destine what did I tell you about leaving shit in the sink!" Dad yelled.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"Clean that shit up now!" He yelled throwing a rag at me.

I sighed and before building courage to get up. I gave him a glance before walking over to the dishes.

"What? You think your too good to do the dishes? Do you pay the rent? Your an ungrateful shit!" He yelled slamming his hand on the counter.

I flinched a bit before contemplating on saying something.

"Dad your drunk.." I sighed.

"What! What was that!" He yelled again.

I let out a breath before going back to scrubbing.

"Destine you think your so good, You think your better than everyone else! Your living in my fucking house." He came besides me.

He began to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

I moved away at his touch, "Can you please not touch me?" I asked quietly.

"I'll touch you whenever I want, your lucky you haven't been fucking raped yet." He scoffed.

I put the rag down and was about to walk away, "The dishes aren't done!" He yelled.

"I'm tired." I mumbled.

"I don't care!" He yelled.

I stared at him blankly scared of what was going to happen next.

"Your going to scrub until I say your done. Is that clear!" He yelled.

"Yes." I nodded.

"I can't hear you Ryder!" He fumed.

"Yes dad." I raised my voice.

"Good, now come here and finish the dishes." He smirked.

I went over and stood above the sink as I grabbed a plate. My dad began running one single finger around my arm and I cringed at his touch. His hand began going lower around my back and I had enough.