1-Tuesdays

Joshua despised Tuesdays. The mere mention of that day, made him crumple his nose in disgust and displeasure. Anything associated with it always seemed to have a dangerous butterfly effect on his life.

This Tuesday was no different to the previous ones.

Except perhaps this was more dangerous.

The only good thing that came out of this Tuesday was that it was the summer holidays in two days.

Joshua groaned, clutching his head in pain. Of course he acquired a headache on exam day. It was bad enough he had to maintain his high standards on his grades, let alone on a damn headache.

Lazily lifting his head, Joshua adjusted to the bright light shimmering through the window. A golden glow brightened the room, seemingly brighter than usual.

Turning his head to the clock on his wall, his eyes widened. TEN O'CLOCK!

He was so going to be late! Well obviously. His school starts at 8 o'clock and kids would get a 40 minute detention if they were half an hour late. Let alone a whole two hours.

Speedily, ignoring the headache, Joshua rushed out of bed, practically dropping to the floor and grappled through his clothes to reach his ridiculously bland school uniform.

It was a collared button up shirt, long black trousers and too-short blazer. His tie was an ugly navy that did not match the rest of the uniform. His shoes were supposed to be black but the mud made it a sticky brown.

At this moment of time, however, Joshua couldn't complain about the lack of comfort he felt wearing the uniform, as he was too focused on trying to arrive to school on time.

Deciding to skip breakfast due to its irrelevance, Joshua noticed a yellow post it note on the door.

Rolling his eyes, Joshua scanned the note and it's scribbly handwriting.

'Hey Josh! Me and your father had to go to work. We'll be back at around 7pm. See you love!'

Crap! That's why he didn't wake up. Oh well. That's just a Tuesday for you!

〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄

"Mr Webb may I ask why you are late?" Josh's teacher Ms Devany practically snarled. If teachers were animals she would be some form of wolf.

"I overslept." Josh groaned, dragging himself over to his seat. His headache had gotten progressively worse and his teachers animalistic growls and ramblings certainly didn't help.

"That long hm? One would think you're a sloth." She smirked as the class roared with laughter.

Josh muttered a half-assed insult under his breath, not bothering to rile himself up for a degrading and frankly useless argument that would most definitely land him in the headmasters office.

〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄〄

As if life hadn't handed him enough lemons for a lemonade stand, they decided to give him enough to create a whole franchise of lemonade stores.

So he supposed that's why he was sat under the disapproving glares of his parents, whose faces were flushed a startling pink.

Josh had to stifle a laugh, trying not to think how alike to Peppa Pig they looked.

"So you attacked that boy?" His mother icily asked, obviously looking as if he were a disgrace.

"I did yeah. Because he mentioned Verity." Joshua folded his arms, in a fluid motion that could also be classified as hugging himself. Despite his promise to himself, that he wouldn't show any sass, he couldn't help himself.

My Last Lifeline On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara