Ch5: 18 Years

Detective Olivia Garcia steps out of her police patrol car, as she takes off her shades.

"Crees que este es el hogar?" She says to one of
her colleagues.

"Pues los investigaciones corlean asta aquí, entonces yo creo que si." Her colleague says back
to her.

"Vale." She says back.

She closes the car door, and starts to walk to the place they suspect; an abandoned warehouse.

Detective Olivia Garcia is a tenacious and determined Mexican American detective with a strong sense of justice. As both a detective and a sheriff, she is highly respected in her community for her unwavering commitment to solving cases and bringing criminals to justice.

Olivia's heritage is a source of pride for her, and it influences her approach to investigations, fostering a deep sense of responsibility to protect her community. Her pursuit of justice is relentless, and she refuses to back down from any case, no matter how difficult or seemingly unsolvable.

When she comes across the old killings that seem connected to an unknown hitman, she becomes even more determined to uncover the truth and solve the mystery that has haunted the community for years.

Olivia's keen investigative skills and attention to detail lead her to unravel clues from the old killings, painstakingly piecing together the puzzle. As she follows the trail, it leads her to an old warehouse, which she knows could be a crucial piece in solving the case.

Despite potential danger, Olivia fearlessly decides to investigate the warehouse herself, not allowing anything to stand in the way of finding the truth and bringing closure to the victims' families. Her commitment to justice and the people she serves drives her forward, even in the face of challenges and risks.

As she steps into the dimly lit warehouse, Olivia's heart races with a mix of excitement and determination, knowing that her unwavering pursuit of justice could finally lead to answers that have eluded her for so long.

She wanders around the factory with her gun just in case of something bad happens. She shines the flashlight around the dark warehouse to see if she can find anything around.

"Is there anybody here?" She yells. The words echo through the dark and ruined warehouse.

She continues forward, seeing if she can find anybody in the place.

As she continues her search, she finds something on the dirty, rubbled floor. As she starts to dig around, she pulls out something she wasn't expecting to find; a flip phone. She opens it up, and sees it still working somehow.

"Interesting." She says lightly.

She walks out of the warehouse, with the phone in hand.

"Que encontraste?" Her colleague asked her

"Este teléfono. Estoy sorprendida como todavía sirve." She says back, puzzled. "Discúlpenme por un momento."

She walks away from her patrol car. As she's walking, she looks at the sent voicemails. There seemed to be only one sent voicemail. She plays it, and puts it close to her ear:

"Um, hello? Is this Death Serpent? Look, I... I need your help with something. It's urgent. There's this guy, Benjamin Chang. He's causing trouble for us, and, well, we need him taken care of, you know? Permanently. I can't afford any mistakes. Make sure it's quick and clean, and don't leave any traces. We'll pay well, just get it done."

"Death Serpent?" She asks herself.
She moves onto the received voicemails, plays the recent one, and listens:

"This is Death Serpent. I received your message. Benjamin Chang, huh? If you want him gone, you'll have to pay the price. No mistakes, no loose ends. My reputation demands it."