REDACTED CONVERSATION 𝛂

They've Awakened, Mary.

I know.

Should we do anything?

... No, let's see how this plays out.

What do you think they'll do?

I don't know. Any activity?

Yes, they've begun making their way toward the center.

Ah, they want to return.

I don't think that's it. They don't seem to show much if any evidence of memory of their past lives, aside from knowing each other.

Now that's interesting. It seems only certain things that they've regained. ETA?

Four days, one for each of us.

Excellent. Deactivate all Aorta charging stations, and reroute power to Quadrant Chambers.

Yes ma'am.

Route them toward the disposal room, and wake Somat from its sleep mode to intercept them.

S-Somat, ma'am? Are you sure that's necessary?

Lascera recently modified the unit so that we have control over it. We just need them incapacitated, and Somat is probably the most efficient way to do that. Since it doesn't encounter living Aortae very often, it's likely to be somewhat hesitant and careful around them. If it gets out of hand, we can simply deactivate it.

Yes ma'am. Securing doors leading away from the disposal room and dispatching Somat now. Will that be all?

Yes, that's fine. Thank you.

You're doing a fantastic job coping with all of this, ma'am. I hope the situation is resolved quickly.

The video screen shut off, and Mary slid from the crooked pole she had been sitting sideways on, dropping to her knees. Why... do I feel this way? What is this conflict? After a few melancholy moments, she gathered herself, stood, and activated the video screen once again.

One more thing, Pathos

Ma'am?

... Activate the Ego Death protocol

I-... yes ma'am