⍴r᥆ᥣ᥆gᥙᥱ

𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟸𝟹𝚛𝚍, 𝟸𝟶𝟹𝟺
Dᴇɴᴠᴇʀ, Cᴏʟᴏʀᴀᴅᴏ

    The pouring rain clangs on the sidewalk and buildings as 22 year old Harvey runs through the broken city of Denver with Lena as she holds their little brother, Lucas. The murky air blows through the streets of the abandoned city as dusk swallows the sky.

    The sounds of clickers screeching can be heard in the streets as the buildings start to rumble from the thunder above. Harvey quickly leads the way to an alley and opens up the gate for Lena and Lucas as Lena's long brown hair blows in the aggressive winds.
"you have Luke, go first" he says, keeping his voice down to not draw infected.
Lena runs through but before Harvey can follow, a piece of the building above comes crashing down in between them, causing Lena to stumble back and leaving Harvey stuck on the opposite side of the debris, the loud crash alerting the infected that have taken over the fallen city of Denver.
"Harvey!" Lena calls out to him as the cries of infected ring through the streets.
"i'm fine!" he yells.
"i'll find a way to you-"
"no!" he cuts her off, "you have Luke, get him out of here i'll find a way out of the city and find you all"

    With reluctance, Lena listens to Harvey, knowing his quick thinking has saved them in the past plenty of times, or maybe it was luck, just pure luck. Either way, she pulls her pistol out with her right hand and sprints down the soaked streets of Denver with 5 year old Lucas. Lena shivers, unable to tell if it's from anxiety or the chilling air that floods through the soaked city, either way she keeps a level head and runs towards the dark woods on the outskirts of the broken city as Lucas slightly bounces in her arms.

"you and me kiddo" she whispers down to the sleeping child as their soaked hair from the pouring rain sticks to their foreheads. "we got this"

/ - kᥒ᥆ᥕ 𝗍һ᰻s ᰻s sһ᥆r𝗍 ᑲᥙ𝗍 ᰻ ⍴r᥆m᰻sᥱ 𝗍һᥱrᥱ ᥕ᥆ᥒ𝗍 ᑲᥱ ᥲᥒ᥆𝗍һᥱr ᥴһᥲ⍴𝗍ᥱr ᥲs sһ᥆r𝗍 ᥲs 𝗍һ᰻s🙏