14: BAM

With his eyes locked on the screen of his phone, Taehyung impatiently waits for Jungkook to reply. He had sent more than twenty messages. After calling him for more than ten times. Jungkook did not show up at class but Ms. Ji said that he left the estate early that morning.

<Where are you?>

<I know you've already seen this.>

<Stop this childishness.>

<Where are you?>

He tried so hard to stop himself from asking Jungkook's friends about his whereabouts during class. He just wanted to know where he is. He's worried. And honestly, guilty. How long will they be like this? He scrolled through his phone to call his father in law.

"Hello? Taehyung." Fortunately, he immediately answered.

"Good morning, dad. Do you know where Jungkook is?"

"He came to the company earlier. He's now with Mr. Jang."

"Oh. Thank you. He didn't come to school."

"He said he'll do something important."

"Do you know what it is?"

"Unfortunately, no. But I can ask after my meetings."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I am disturbing."

"It's okay. We haven't started."

"There's no need to ask Mr. Jang. I'll just calm him myself."

He heard Hoseok let out a short laugh. "Or you can just call Jungkook directly."

"I'll try many times more."

"That's right. Patience."

"I'll hang up. Your meeting might start anytime soon. Thank you."

"Okay. Don't worry too much. Once you know where he is, just come to him. I'm sure you'll be fine at the end of this day. And about your stepfather...I'll try to talk him out of it."

"Thank you."

An hour had passed. And then, two. Until it was already late afternoon. Taehyung did not receive anything from Jungkook. His calls to Mr. Jang went to voicemail too. He counted the minutes to when he can jet off to go home. He thought maybe he'd go to the company. Jungkook must be there. But he should call home to check too. His phone dinged.

<Let's talk later.> Jungkook finally replied.

<Where have you been?>

<Somewhere.>

<Where are you?>

<Still out. Let's just talk later.>

<I'm sorry.>

His heart drummed waiting for his response. Seconds turned into minutes. The screen of his phone blacked. Taehyung sighed heavily, tilting his head back. Then, he heard a ding. He quickly turned up his phone, his heartbeat racing anew.

<Can I call you?>

Disappointingly, it was not from Jungkook. It was from Minsol.

<Why?>

<I'm sorry. But I have a favor to ask.>

<What is it?>

■■■

"How did you know I was there?" Jungkook asked.

"My sister told me. What were you doing?"

"It's confidential. Your sister shouldn't be divulging that."