New Starts...

This whole time traveling business was confusing, especially after waking up in his eight years old body and having a whole new set of memories, but the emotional maturity of a kid. His life for the most part was the same, the only difference was that it had been Plo Koon the one to find him in Tatooine and practically adopt him. The Jedi Master had landed in Tatooine a year earlier than Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had in the previos timeline.

It was something Anakin had never known, but this time had noticed because of his advanced force abilities. Plo was also much better at making deals than Qui-Gon. Anakin's win at the Boonta Eve Classic race, won his freedom and his mother's.

Afterwards, Plo had taken them to the temple to get their chips taken out and requested that Anakin could get some guidance to control his strong force aptitude. There was no prophecy or pushy Qui-Gon making unreasonable demands. Jedi Master Plo knew the rules and would never try to bend them. Anakin was eight years oldand he could not join the Order.

However, the boy was bright and warm. With his mother safe and out of Tatooine, there was no reason to be afraid. Also, the Jedi had taken the chip out of them, so he was eternally grateful to them. That's why Anakin had spent his time at the temple, while the Counsil debated, helping everyone around and endearing himself to various masters, padawans, and knights. Especially, after they heard his story and their heart went for the poor boy and his mother.

Even the scary Master Nu was happy to have him around. As a freed slave, Anakin had not been given the chance to learn much. So, he had taken the chance with gusto. Madam Nu had been shocked by how smart the boy was. He was a genius for sure! He read and understood texts from maths, algebra, physics, chemistry, and mechanics of those Jedi Knights that have completed the advanced courses. What's even more impressive, was that he read those texts in their original languages. The boy was fluent in Amatakka, Huttese, Ryl, Basic, Binary, Nubaé, Alda, Neimoidian, Rodian, Kaminoan, Chandrilan, Mando'a, Togruti, Mirialan, and Shyriiwook.

Fifteen languages!

"My little sun is a bright boy," Shmi had giggled when Madam Un had turned to her in disbelief. "He had always picked things up rapidly. Mechanics and piloting was needed to survive under the service of Mas... Watto," Shmi frowned at her mistake, Madam Na putting an arm around her shoulder for support. "As for the languages, the slave community of Tatooine is quite diverse and united. We taught each other all the skills necessary to survive. He picks languages fast. Though, I did not know he had picked up this many."

Madam Nu did what any sane person would do and presented her findings to the Counsil. They then decided to allow the Skywalkers to stay until their malnutrition treatment was done and observe the young Skywalker. Thanks to bacta, advance techno­logy, and force healing it only took them half a year to heal. Six months in which Anakin took advantage of the Temple Archives and absorbed knowledge like a sponge. He had quickly caught up with his age-peers in the rest of the courses. Poetry and literature, though, he hated the subject. He mostly translated the texts for his mom who loved the pretty words used.

Biology, for anatomy he was advanced, as he used to aid slaves in surgeries to take out their chips. But as for nature, flora, & fauna, he still simply knew knowledge of an eight years innitiate should have. The rest of the courses were less complicated: history, geography, social studies, civics, and economy. All caught up! Interestingly enough, during Master Nu's tutoring, they had learned that Anakin was a few lessons from finishing the Astronomy Course. Anakin had hidden his sneaking out to meet bounty hunters from his mother. They had taught him a lot of flying and the stars. Shmi had been horrified, while Nu had been interested when Anakin had assured her, he knew they would not hurt him. He felt it.

Which was a complete and utter lie. He had learned al lof that in his previous life. Astronomy was the only subject left he could come up with a credible lie as to why he knew so much with only being eight years old.

So, while Nu reported back to the Council, telling them that even back Anakin had a strong connection to the Force which allowed him to sense the intention of people, she continued to focus on his lessons in Astronomy. By the end, of the six months, he had also completed the Astronomy Course.

This, plus all the same-age he had made thanks to Plo's introductions and parallel world crossing, time travel ability, Anakin was able to befriend every youngling he met in the Order. Especially, the innitiate named Ayla. Which had the Council agreeing to let Anakin train to be a Jedi. They gave Shmi a job as a mechanic in the temple and allowed Anakin to visit her during the week-ends.

Another thing that had changed from the timeline in which everything had gone wrong, was that the no-attach­ments rule had been explained to Anakin. No attachments, means no obsession. Not pulling one life over the whole galaxy. Pure love like his to Shmi, was accepted and even praised. Anakin had a panic attack at that. All the pain and death, because of miscommunication.

That, that was the drop that broke the camel.

As for Anakin's Jedi Master, who do you think jumped at the chance to take him? Jedi Master Shaak and Windu had tried to get him, much to Anakin's surprise. But Anakin only had eyes for the one that had saved him and freed him.

High Cousil Master Plo.

One of the things he learned from the Empire was to always have powerful backing. It keeps you protected. Also, Plo had always been kind to Anakin. That kindness was what he needed to start healing.

Anakin was swiftly relocated to Jedi Master Plo's apartment and was quickly signed up to his courses. Poetry & Literature, Biology, History, Geography, Social Studies, Civics, and Economy, the standard classes. For force courses he was signed up to the Living Force Philosophy and Precognition course. He had no practical force classes, just to be careful and not injure any youngling with Anakin's high midi-chlorian count. His lessons would be taken privately with Master Plo and Yoda. As for the Precognition Course, Plo heard and believed Anakin when he said he had dreams that end up happening, instead of just telling him they were simple dreams, he made sure Anakin would be trained. Stories were told about Seer Jedi that lost their minds because of their dreams.

If he would later be named a Future Seer, that's a story for another time.

Going back to the courses Anakin would be taking, he also had been signed up to a Lightsaber course and Basic Healing course. It would be a waste to waste his knowledge in minor surgery, especially with how propence he was to getting injured. Anakin had also demanded to sign up to a Kel Dorian course, to learn the language of his dear Master Plo.

He did not need to learn more languages, but his personal desire to continue learning made the Counsel quite pleased. They even handed Anakin the red bead for piloting, the blue bead for mechanics, and the orange bead for languages with a smile. Seeing three colorful beads, under a yellow band, on the padawan's braid of a now nine years old boy, turned quite a few heads in the temple's halls. But this was the life of Anakin Skywalker.

At least, this life's Anakin's Skywalker.