Chapter 15

For the next couple of days, Bonnie spent the majority of her time with Freya. The two of them worked on cleaning the green house and setting up a potion's lab. While Klaus and Hope occupied themselves with decorating her room, Bonnie and Freya worked on the potion that would cure the Mikaelson siblings. Freya was very knowledgeable and she enjoyed sharing that knowledge with Bonnie; showing her how to cut the different ingredients, teaching her how to predict when the brew was ready for the next step and the proper way in which the mixture had to be stirred. Bonnie had never been much of a potion making witch but under Freya's careful tutelage and sharp eyes, she learned about the different herbs and roots needed for the potent cure Freya had come up with in order to save her family.

"The final ingredient will be your blood," Freya explained one afternoon after another day of hard work.

"It's going to be ready soon, isn't it?" Bonnie stared at the grey smoke rising from the cauldron, it was lighter than the day before.

Freya smiled. "Yes. The smoke will turn white soon, signaling that the potion is ready. Once that happens, I will add a vial of your blood to it and then we shall test it on one of my siblings." With any luck, a vial of Bonnie's blood would be all they would need. "Elijah and I will leave tomorrow to get their coffins."

"Are they far away from here?"

"They're inside an old church in France," Freya told her. "Only a Mikaelson witch can get them out of the vault which is why I'm going with Elijah to get them. It shouldn't take us long."

"Klaus mentioned that you had a vision about the Hollow," Bonnie said suddenly. "That's how you came to believe that my blood is the cure."

"Yes," Freya gave her a curious look.

"Is that one of your powers, to see the past?" Bonnie wondered.

"All witches can see the past or the future or even things that are happening in the present," Freya explained in a calm voice. "I used a very specific spell though."

"A spell?"

"One of Dahlia's creation."

"Oh." In the small amount of time Bonnie had come to know Freya, she had learned that Dahlia was a sore subject still, one Freya didn't particularly like to discuss unless she absolutely had to. Dahlia was the evil aunt that had kidnapped Freya as a child and had eventually returned to do the same to Hope. She had been defeated by Klaus and his siblings but Freya still bore the scars of being raised by her. Bonnie didn't even think Klaus knew the full extent of the suffering Freya had endured at her aunt's hands.

"Dahlia had many enemies and she created a spell that allowed her to see things about them, their weaknesses, their history, anything of importance that she could use to kill them." Freya stared into Bonnie's eyes as she spoke, her voice was calm but Bonnie could see the sadness in her gaze; talking about Dahlia affected her. "I used that spell to gather information on the Hollow. It hasn't been easy though. The clearest image I got was Pauline Bennett giving her life to lock the Hollow in the prison world."

"And the rest?"

"It's like getting different pieces of a puzzle," Freya responded. "I'm certain there is a connection between your family and the Hollow."

"I think you are on to something," Bonnie said. "I have been thinking about it lately, on why my blood is the cure..." she paused to gather her thoughts. "You know, when the Hollow possessed Daniel at the sanctuary, he didn't attack me. He's a powerful warlock but he asked me to step aside so he could take Hope. I don't know why but I got the sense that he couldn't come after me. Does that make any sense?"

"He was afraid of you?"

"I wouldn't say he was afraid," Bonnie responded. "He wanted to attack me. He would have killed me if given the chance but for some reason he didn't." she chewed on her bottom lip before continuing. "It was like something was holding him back."