✦❘༻CHAPTER 1༺❘✦

As I slowly awakened, a chilling breeze whispered through the room along with the bangs of window doors. My eyes fluttered open,
adjusting to the new surroundings.
It felt as if I had entered a different realm. I gingerly placed my feets down from the bed onto the cool wooden floor beneath me.

What's this place?

My thoughts freeze in place, as if trapped in a silent stillness

My thoughts freeze in place, as if trapped in a silent stillness. It's as if my very senses have conspired against me, leaving me feeling disoriented and vulnerable. My eyes dart around the room searching every corner with intense scrutiny. The rhythm of my own heartbeat followed by shallow breaths only adds to the unease creeping in. My gaze fixates on the window to my left but before I can process the moment I hear a faint squeak behind. Just as I am about to turn the closed door behind me swings open in a swift unsettling motion.

Caught completely off guard I tumble to the ground and in the darkness my leg slashes through something sharp. A sharp gasp escapes my lips as pain surges through me. Instinctively I clasp my injured foot with my hands. The room seems to have plunged into an even deeper darkness. Could it be that my mind is toying with my senses?

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING WITH ME?!

A myriad of questions flood my mind. But I'm well aware that I'm in no position to get answers to any of them.

I feel completely disoriented.

How do I even make my way out?

No, no you can't be so negative!

You have the strength to overcome this challenge and find your way to safety.

You've got this!

Summoning every ounce of courage, I push the terror aside and attempt to stand holding onto the nearest object for support. My legs seem unwilling to cooperate but with a sudden force and push I manage to pull myself up. Slowly, I drag my feet towards the doorframe relying on it as a stable support to stay upright.

Gasping for breath, as I glance up my heart nearly stops at the sight of someone standing in the distant hallway. The shroud of darkness makes it darkness to see any details, intensifying the eerie feeling creeping through me.

"Hello? Anybody out there?" I call out with a mix of hope and desperation only to have my voice reverberate back to me, amplifying the deep silence around me. The echoes seem to mock my solitude, leaving me feeling even more alone in this mysterious place.

Taking cautious steps forward, I strain my eyes to get a better look. And to my surprise I see a little girl running across the hallways. She seems to be completely absorbed in humming a melody. Her innocence offers a surprising comfort amid the eerie ambiance. Curiosity mixes with relief as I observe her. I wonder what her presence might mean in this strange place.