1:1

Dinosaur creative writing

The early mornings of the Triassic period woke the dinosaurs of the rainforest, in the tree top you could take notice of the Monkelies; they have white and blue scaled bodies along with a tail split into three sections perfect for hanging onto things. In the corner of this tightly sewed-together pack, there was the one and only Archie, he was still sound asleep so unaware of the danger about to befall his pack this beautiful summer morning.

A small quiver in the leaves slightly awoke the sleeping animal. As his eyes fluttered open he took in the smell of the damp rainforest smiling in delight. He unwrapped his tail from the thick tree branch and gracefully landed on the forest floor. Everyone else was still asleep or quietly conversing with each other 1and did not take notice of young Archie leaving the pack and walking off deeper into the forest.

As he felt the soft moist soil under his claws he couldn't help but start looking around for something to eat. Once he spotted some suitable plants to munch on he walked off the imaginary path he was following and silently made his way toward the green and slightly pink plant sprouting from the ground. In the distance, if you listened long enough then you could hear the sound of stomping Sauropods playing around just beyond the ring of trees that keep him hidden from the outside world. The trees serve as protection from other dinosaurs, or so he thought. Another small rumble echoed throughout the forest for a second all the noises Archie would usually hear suddenly disappeared. It was almost as if time stopped, but then it was replaced with a huge roar. Archie froze in fear, he didn't know if he should stay where he was or head back to the rest of the pack. Making up his mind he decided to go back, in a hurried frenzy he broke out into a huge sprint one claw in front of the other no stopping for detours he must get back to his family. The feeling of plants and vines rubbing against him as he ran almost went unnoticed because of how fast he was running. His breath shallowed as he got closer and closer, in the distance he could see the branches of trees torn off along with the obnoxious amount of vegetation that was crushed.

Archi held his breath, it couldn't be, no it couldn't. He kept repeating to himself, tears pricked the corner of his eyes. With every bone in his body, he was praying that what he thinks happened didn't. There was no way that an Archopod found his pack, his family, there's just no way it's not possible, right? That's how Archie would like to think anyways. But unfortunately, yes an Archopod did come and find his family. As he arrived his eyes widened at the sight before him, his legs collapsed underneath him tears rushing down his white-scaled face and falling onto the ground beneath him as they glistened in the sun he let out a painful sob burrowing his face into his front legs her continued to cry, and cry.

He couldn't believe it, his family is dead. The sight before him showed multiple bodies strewn across the trees and forest floor, blood seeping out of them all. He never thought that this would happen to his brothers, his sisters, and his parents; they're all dead and he couldn't even do anything-. No, he must not think like that if he wants to rebuild his family. He must find more of his kind, join them and then keep them safe. He will not fail as he did here he will keep the monkelies he loves safe and avoid danger, how could he be so foolish? Getting up from a tear-stained ground he approached the scene and kept his head low letting the wind say his neck as it came and went. Walking past the long-dead bodies he walked over to the big tree in the middle of the clearing. Leaning down he used his mouth to pluck a pink flower with yellow accenting, tugging hard it gave way and left the ground that he stood on. Turning around he walked back to the way he came from and placed the flower at the entrance of the clearing.

Another roar echoed throughout the forest his body froze, it sounded closer this time almost as if it was just meters behind him. His breath stilled, and turning around he could see the huge silhouette of an Archopod, closing his eyes he began to run he knew he couldn't outrun it but maybe just maybe. Suddenly the air was knocked out of him as he collided with the forest floor, he smiled, a bittersweet smile as he knew what was coming next he wished he hadn't failed to save his family he wished that he didn't stay for so long maybe then he would get to live longer, but no the world had different plans for him maybe in the next life it would be better than this. Maybe he would get to see his family again, if so he would like to say how sorry he was for not being there during their final moments.