𝚄𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚢

The waves crashed as I sat on the sand hoping that it would drown the emotions away. I closed my eyes but tears still managed to leak out. I decided to go farther into the water to numb me so I couldn't feel. The cold 1a.m. water stings on my tan skin. A squeak escapes my lips. A stick cracking makes me stop and wipe my face quickly of any tears and turn around. The bottom of my wet jeans stick to my legs. I look around trying to spot the source of sound. A figure makes its way closer but stops hiding slightly behind a tree. I can't make much of a face  but it's a boy. He is tall. Around six foot, six foot one.
    "Sorry, Miss for disturbing you" he calls to me sounding confident but slightly sarcastic, still behind the tree hiding his identity.
    "It's fine." I say my voice wavering.
    "Are you ok?" He asks, almost stepping out to where I can see. He had obviously seen my eyes. They always get red when I cry.
    "I'm fine." My voice cracks at the end. I hate the way it makes me sound. Vulnerable. The boys sits down behind the tree. I sniffle rubbing my hands against my face.
    "So.......what are you doing up this late Miss?" He asks.
    "I could ask the same of you" I say quietly. He chuckles.
    "Yeah. You don't sound like you're from here. You a tourist?" He asks and I can see his hands gesturing from behind the tree.
    "I live here. May I ask what your doing in my yard?" I ask. He just laughs.
    "Let's just say I went for a run" he breathes out. I could tell by his voice that  what he said wasn't the full truth. "Now you?"
    "I needed to be alone." I say sitting down on the ground the sand sticking to my wet jeans.
    "Do you....do you want to talk about it?" He asks. I shake my head but stop knowing he can't see.
    "Maybe." I say. I didn't know who he was. It might have been too dark for him to be able to tell who I was.
    "Should I start from the beginning?" I ask my voice quivering.
    "Whatever you're good with." He says sighing.
    I start to talk. To tell him the real reason I was outside in the below freezing weather. Everything. It was to late or early for me to care. A few times I had to ask him if he was still there and he answered that he was. This made me feel less alone. And little did I know I'd feel less alone as the days go by with this strange boy listening to my rants.

POV: JJ

I run as fast as I can. I feel every single rock and branch through my thin soled shoes. I eventually run out of breath near a large house. I walk over to one of their trees. One where I was planning to stay for a few minutes to catch my breath. I walk over to one on the left of the house. I look at the moon and see it reflecting off of the water. I continue to walk over to the tree and a branch cracks under my foot. Loudly.

     "Shit." I say under my breath. I run and hide behind the tree. I see a person on the other side of the tree and attempt to hide further behind it but they had seen me. "Sorry, Miss for disturbing you" I say trying to be polite so she could let me stay. I peak around the tree again and catch a glimpse of slight tears under her eyes and a sad expression along with curiosity resting on her face.

   "It's fine." She says, her voice cracks slightly at the end of her sentence.