1

Warnings for chapter: Angust, cursing, killing of walkers, threats, Shane being a bitch

Walking through the forest she scanned the place for threats, the katana hanging loosely at her fingertips. Sudden movements behind her alerts her. Flipping around, holding the sword straight forward, pointing it at the threat.

Rolling her eyes she drops the Sword to her side. "Jesus Merle, you're lucky I didn't slice you redneck ass in half."

"Come on sugartits, you know you couldn't kill me." 

"Merle," Daryl says glaring at him. He throws his hands up in the air, "So what if I call her sugar tits. It's a compliment sweetheart." Throwing her a wink she responds with rolling her eyes.

"You're the reason God created the middle finger." She says flipping him off. Daryl lets out a small laugh. 

"Hey, that ain't funny."  

"Whatever, Sugertits." She says smirking. 

════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════

"Officer Shane Walsh." She studies the man, looking down at his hand than back up. 

"Athena."He stared at her, already annoyed she didn't take her hand.

"What kind a name is that?"

She squinted at him, "I could say the same about yours, officer." 

Daryl places a hand on her shoulder, "Alright, we're done here." He motioned for Athena to follow, them beginning to walk away as Shane yells out, "Now now, didn't get your name."

"Daryl," and huffed, pointing to Merle. "That's my brother Merle."

"You guys got a last name?" She turns to Shane, furrowing her eyebrows. "What, ya gonna do a background check on us?" She smiles. 

"No," He grits his teeth. 

"Then why are you all up in our fucking business, Shane."

"Look, I ain't tryin-"

"Looks like you fucking are. So tell me officer, do ya got a warrant?" He stood there silent, getting more agitated at the second. Crossing her arms she speaks,  "So get off my dic-" Seeing  a young boy out of the corner of her eye, she stops before correcting herself.  "Just get out of my business, Shane.

════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════

Walking through the forest, Daryl and Athena walk in a comforting silence.

"Still don't like that Shane dude." Looking over at him, she nods. "Preechin' to the choir buddy."

Daryl snorts at the comment. "He acts like his shit don't stink. Bossing people around." 

"Yea-" 

"Hey look."  Stopping, she squats down, running her hand on the imprint in the dirt. 

"Gotta be only bout 20 minutes old." 

════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════

"Never got to ask, what did you do before all this?" Daryl turns to her, 

"Nothin' really, just followed my brother, didn't do much." She nods, "What 'bout you?"

"Assassin." Daryl stops and turns to her. Giving her a confusing look.