Chapter 3: Friday night bites

Stefan enters his bedroom, Adeline is there, reading Stefan's diary

"How were tryouts? Did you make the team? Very Emerson, the way you reveal your soul with so many...adjectives."

Stefan rips the diary out of his hands. "What are you doing here?"

"Umm, you forget that I lived here. Plus I can go anywhere I want to, even to your idiot girlfriend." Adeline said, trying to keep a straight face.

"You know, it doesn't have to be this way, Adeline." Stefan tells her.

"Of course it doesn't. I saw Elena today, BTW. That means "by the way." She was at cheerleading practice. She looked so perky in her little short shorts." Adeline teased. "Just...simmer down, I didn't even go near her. Ooh, that reminds me...I gotta run. I have a date. Sweaty palms. Wish me luck."

~💕~

"Hey, Care Bear!" Adeline greeted Caroline, who smiled at her. "What are ya doing?"

"I'm getting ready for a dinner with Bonnie, Elena and Stefan." Caroline replied. "Bonnie said she didn't want be alone."

"Perfect! I'll go with!" Adeline smiled at the chance to annoy Stefan.

Stefan rolled his eyes at that.

~🤣~

Elena opens the door. Caroline and Adeline are outside.

"Surprise! Bonnie said you were doing dinner, so we brought dessert and she invited me!"

"Oh."

"Hope you don't mind." Adeline faked a smile at the brunette.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked, confused.

"Waiting for Elena to invite me in." Adeline smiled.

"Oh, yeah..."

"No, no, no. She can't, uh... she can't stay. Can you, Adeline?"

"Get in here." Caroline told her.

"It's fine. Just come on in." Elena invites her inside.

Adeline walks inside the house with a smirk. "You have a beautiful home, Elena."

~❤️~

"I cannot believe that Mr. Tanner let you on the team. Tyler must be seething. But good for you. Go for it." Caroline engorged.