i

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆ 
꧁ʙᴜʙʙʟᴇ ɢᴜᴍ

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆ ꧁ʙᴜʙʙʟᴇ ɢᴜᴍ

   Jeremiah Fisher had never brought a foreigner to Cousins Beach. He thought it was special, only reversed for those who truly deserved to be there. Cousins Beach made his entire childhood, Beck House is the place he called home every summer. 

   Nala knew all these things, and she couldn't help but feel extremely special to be going. She'd been packing her things since last night, making sure she had everything she needed for an entire summer of fun and sand. 

   To say she was excited would be an understatement. She'd basically played Twenty Questions with Jeremiah on the phone this morning. Nala asked him everything she could about the place. She'd seen pictures, heard stories, Jeremiah even answered her questions, but she knew it wasn't enough. 

   Nala knew she needed to be there, see It with her own eyes and hear the ocean with her own ears. 

   A knock sounded on her door, Nala rushed to open it. On the other side was Jeremiah, sporting his usual lopsided grin. He pushed himself off the doorframe and headed in without asking. He didn't need to ask. 

   "No way this is all for a single summer." His eyes scanned over the many suitcases Nala had packed. And he wondered how it would all fit in his keep. 

   "In fact, it is. I need options. We're vacationing at your families beach house which means I need swimsuits, beach party fits, I have to make sure I keep up with my skin routine-" 

   Jeremiah noticed the glare in her eyes, the way she seemed so dazed and out of it. It was tell-tale sign of hers, one he'd studied for a long time. "You're nervous, aren't you?" 

   Nala lets out a big sigh. "Is it that obvious?" 

   He nods. "Yes. And there's nothing to be nervous about, they're all gonna love you. Steven can't wait to see what you look like in person." 

   "That's-"

   "Yeah." Tension cuts the conversation short. He still wouldn't talk about her. It was only so few times Nala got him to open up, but Jeremiah had bricks around his heart from what she could tell. It was still a fresh wound, and she was trying her best to respect that.