Fourth wing

Told you I knew better poison masters," I tell her softly. "You weren't healed. You were mended." "Brennan?" She stares at her brother in open-mouthed shock. Brennan just grins and opens his arms. "Welcome to the revolution, Violet."

Violet let out a disbelieving whimper, she takes one step ducking under my outstretched arm  before she starts to collapse. I twist and my hands naturally warp around her hips supporting her weight. Remarkably she doesn't flinch from my touch but her entire being is consumed with the ghost that's not really a ghost in front of her. Within too few seconds she's whisked from my supportive grip and into her brother's arms.

My heart clenched in my chest. Seeing her in the arms of another man that pinched feeling would with any other male be jealousy, but this feeling isn't that ...is love, seeing her love for her brother. He hugs her with a bruising force which is so unlike the gentle mending he's done for the past three days.  He's eye to eye with me in height which is unusual as I'm tall but his forehead is buried in her shoulder bending him to her.

As much as I'm thrilled to finally give her the gift of her brother again I know how much lying in her eyes has cost me. I resolved to give them some time and start to leave my own damn bedroom for the second time today .

"Xaden"  I hear inside my head and I can feel my heart rocket inside my chest at that connection. The softness in her voice.

"Thank you."  She says as I shut the door behind me .

Bohdi is leaning on the wall. "I want to enjoy watching you  grovel at her feet but maybe I won't get to  after that look she just gave you ." He says.  I meet his eyes and his grin unfurls over his whole face as he throws an arm over my sagging shoulders.  "Man your skinny now ...let's get some food in you."  He chided I haven't been able to eat sitting in that room with her ... Brennen of course still forced me to eat some so I'm not skinny . I want to shove him jokingly but I'm still to raw and his smile might be bright but I know bodhi he knows I'm not ok, but he's going to uses everything in his Arsenal to fix it and right now his best weaponry is his evervessant sprint that he rarely gets to wield in the wings. 

.............................

"Just because you're all right doesn't mean I'm not going to take that boyfriend of yours to the mat over this..." Brennan's soft chuckle shakes down over me.  Sending a snow melt torrent of tears, hearing him laugh, feeling it on my skin, smelling him, and hearing him being so my brother at once is overwhelming. Somehow i find my own wit
"I think he'd let you take him" I said feeling the guilt off him even with the door closed between us... almost overwhelming me. This feels like this has to be some poison induced hallucination. As if he can read my thoughts.
"It's real pansy" he said, shaking every restraint on my emotions free... he's the only one who ever called me that, his taunting nickname for me used to infuriate me to no end but now I don't care if he ever calls me anything but Pansy.  He's real. He's alive.

He pushes me away softly but with such affection I don't balk at the loss of contact. There are tears on his face too.  Instinctively he holds his hands to my face and floats his thumb to dry my tears and my stomach, even empty doesn't stop the retching that flows through my body at the utter betrayal I feel with his fingers on my face. Brennen isn't Dain but the wounds are still raw enough and my emotions still irrational that I can't process the difference.

"Shit....Xaden explained what happened  with Dain... I'm sorry violet." He keeps his hands still letting me calm myself. Before he glides both of us bad to the bed.

" Can I check your wound, menders habits I'm afraid." He smiles and his smile is dads. Making my heart flutter in a mix of love and heartache I can't speak only nod.  He checks it and when he's finished I speak.