⁰³ | potions class

CHAPTER THREE,
                      ━━━━━━

"Should we wake her up?"

In the confines of their dormitory, Lorenzo and Theo stare at the sleeping girl currently ensnared in the folds of Mattheo's comforter.

"Dunno," Lorenzo responds to Theo, "She seems kind of peaceful, doesn't she?"

During a rare respite in their schedules, the trio found themselves with a free period and withdrew to the boys' dormitories to unwind before their impending class. Katarina, however, embraced relaxation to the fullest extent, succumbing to slumber the instant her head hit Mattheo's pillow.

Theo glances at his watch, "We've got Potions in fifteen minutes."

Right then, Mattheo bursts into the dormitories, his expression souring upon finding his friends still there, "Why are you lot still here? You'll be late."

"And you won't?" Lorenzo raises an eyebrow skeptically, knowing that Mattheo shares the same class schedule as them.

Mattheo shrugs, a carefree grin on his face, "I'm always late, doesn't really matter."

His attention then falls upon the sleeping girl.

"Why is she still asleep?" He asks, and before anyone can anticipate his next move, Mattheo takes a few steps back and then hurls himself onto Katrina.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Katarina yelps, trying to shoot upright but not succeeding as Mattheo has her torso pinned to the bed. While the other two share a laugh, she gasps for air, scrambling to push the Slytherin off her chest, "Get. Off!"

Mattheo rolls to the other side of the bed, clutching at his stomach as tears well up in his eyes.

"Oh, har har," Katarina sneers, smacking Mattheo's arm, "What on earth was that for?"

"It's nine fifty," Lorenzo says, to which Katarina merely blinks.

"So, that means body slamming me into the bloody bed?" Katarina places a hand over her racing heart, "Fuck, I wonder what would have happened at nine fifty-five— thrown me out the fucking window or what?"

"We have no windows, though," Lorenzo's brows knit in genuine confusion as he glances at the depths of the Black Lake visible through their dormitories' windows, "They're more like transparent walls, really. Can't throw you out of them, can we?"

"It was a joke, Enzo!" Katarina barks, flinging the comforter off herself. She gets to her feet, grabbing the bookbag she had placed at the foot of Mattheo's bed. However, when she turns back around, she sees the boy casually stroll toward the 'transparent wall' near his bed, rapping on it softly with his knuckles. Lorenzo then gazes back at Katarina, asking, "Can you swim?"

"Ugh!" Katarina lets out an exasperated sigh, her hands sliding down her face while the boisterous laughter of the three boys fills the dormitory.

Fed up with her friends, a brilliant idea flickers in her mind.

"Hm," Katarina's face scrunches, groans eluding the back of her throat. She clutches at her heart, a pained look slithering onto her expression, "I... I can't... I can't breathe..."