The Angel Of Death

The beginning of the journey was A bit jerky and the following ride was jetpack joyride, the Exordians could feel the elevation and couldn't help smiling to themselves. Everything was at peace.... For a solid 45 minutes. Kyle and Riley had began listening to music on air. Eleanor was a bit paranoid about the plane colliding with another plane so she was sending signals all around her to see if there's any signal colliding against hers. Gavin was "assisting" an elderly man who had very recently had a major myocardial infarction.

"What the hell is a myocardial infarction? "

"It's what you people call a " Heart attack" I'm pretty sure the heart's a weak fighter but you do you. "

"You a doctor boy? "

"No. Even better. I am a healer. "

"It is what we all call a doctor boy. "

Gavin smirked.

"No I'm different. "

" Ok, then prove to me you're different. That healer thing. Show me. "

Gavin placed his head on the old man's chest. The old man was confused what he was doing. But still he held the boy's head against his with his hand. He gently held his head. Gavin smiled to himself.

"Why did you reject the coronary bypass, Mr. Melvin? "

The old man was surprised. The only people who knew about the situation were his doctor and himself. Not even his sweet snoring wife next to him knew it. Had she known, he would've got that bypass surgery.

"You stalking me, boy? "

Gavin shook his head and smiled at the old man.

"Marshall Melvin Jr.. Born in 1970 ,Wisconsin. .A disciplined child. A kind husband. A kinder father. A good friend to his own people. A great foe to his enemies. Destined to have had 4 kids.--"

"I only had 3. I never touched another woman than Caitlyn---"

"Caitlyn lost a beautiful girl when you were away in Iraq. She couldn't bring herself to tell you that because she knew you were undergoing something horrible. "

"But nothing's more horrible than losing a child.... "

"Caitlyn was a stronger person than you were. She went through a lot. But you were by her side. She never felt unhappy by your side. Only when you got drunk like hell and wouldn't take your pills."

The man started to sob a bit and held the sleeping Caitlyn in his arms. She eased herself a little more and descended into a deeper sleep than she already did.

"Are you an angel, sir? "

"No. But you soon will be. "

"I wasn't exactly a good man. "

"You weren't good as God expected you to be. But you never hurt a good soul. That's more than enough. "

"Is Caitlyn promised heaven? "

"Her time is long way from yours, Marshall. I shall only know when she's closer to death. "

Marshall looked at Gavin with an exasperated look.

"When am I going to? "

"This will be your last flight, Marshall. "

Marshall once again looked at Caitlyn.

"My youngest is getting married this week. That's why I'm going to New York. Can't I die after this week? "

"You should've gotten the surgery, Marshall. "

Marshall looked at Gavin trying to think of any way to cheat death for one week, just one week.

"Can I do anything... Anything... Just for one week for life? "

Gavin closed his eyes and concentrated deeply.

"There's one way. "

"Please tell me. "

" Before we land, have any of the air hostess prepare a team of paramedic with the necessary first aid upon your arrival. Once you step out of the plane, you take whatever they give you. One week you'll live and you'll pass away surrounded by your loved ones. You can't cheat death after this ordeal. This will be the way you survive to see Shirley's wedding. "

The man held Gavin's hands in his hands and thanked him willfully.

"Sir, please do move away from me. I don't want people to get suspicious of you. God himself sent me to you. "

"My mission is complete here. " Gavin whispered to himself and got up after telling the old man A goodbye.

Gavin smiled at him and made his way to seat near Krata.

Krata was already sleeping snuggling with her neck pillow. Gavin pulled the pillow from her hands and put the pillow around her neck and placed her straight. He smiled at her and then decided to get some shut-eye.