Chapter 24: The Cute Contest

During the travel by ship, Seikatsu was struggling with staying calm: it was her last opportunity to accede Wallace Cup and could winning all the five Conditions of the Contests. She was really fussied: she kept petting Nickit nervously, sat on the edge of the bed, with the Pokémon which was a bit scared and didn't knwo what to do, meanwhile Zoroark was gloating:"No lil buddy, you suffer. I'm tired to be curried by this crazy girl." Banette sighed, rolling his eyes:"C'mon, Grimm and Absol have worked a lot. It will go fine, relax." He said, patting her shoulder, meanwhile he made a sign to Zoroark to call Piers.

Piers was outside with his sister and talking to her, sat at a table and having fresh drinks:"Ya know Sis, I'll have to stay away from a Galar for a bit, right?" Marnie nodded:"I like that ya talk about her so confidentially. It's so amazin'. Then, I must admit that I'm not so sad when ya're far away. It's not so bad to have home for your own." From one side he was happy to see that she wasn't jealous neither sad, but from the other side he was a bit sad for the situation:"I'm sure she will. I've seen her working for this Contest and for the Cool one too, so I know perfectly what she's able to do. But ya could seem sadder that your Bro is gonna stay away from Galar." Marnie sighed:"Yes, I'll misse ya Bro, as I misse dya when ya stayed at Hoenn for two months, but ya two should need to chill down." Piers blushed:"Sis! Don't talk about this stuff! What, ya wanna kick me out to have the house free?"-"No, but I think that ya should live alone. Then, as Seika said, I'm in the right age, so stop treatin' me as a kid."-"But'cha a kid!" Marnie was ready to throw her brother into the sea, but they found Zoroark sat on the ground beside the table, staring at them: the siblings jumped, then Piers exclaimed:"Ya wanna food? Take these chips." Zoroark had shiny eyes and devoured them, then chewing he said:"I was here for calming down Seika. She's petting Nickit so nerbously. Now I'm gonna steal something else. Oh, Hop's got candies! Beware Chesto Barry Kid, I'm coming! Gneh eh eh eh eh!" Marnie and Piers didn't say anything, so he got up:"If ya can tape him, ya do me a favour." But behind their backs Latios appeared:"No worries, I'll think about that. Go to cheer up the Coordinator." Piers nodded and went to Seikatsu.

Piers found her sat on the round window with Nickit on her lap, meanwhile Banette was making air with a fan:"Today I wanna be the aristocratic mom. Then I need a vacancy. She's all yours." Banette said, then he went to her and took Nickit away from her:"Stop cuddling this little one. You can't make us growing up so crooked."-"I didn't teach to Grimm to burp for communicating!" Banette chuckled and went away, leaving her and Piers alone. Piers sighed and closed the door, chuckling:"Zoro's gone to attack Hop, 'cause he got candies." Seikatsu giggled, shaking hear head:"I don't wanna be in his place."-"I gave him some chips. It wasn't his main goal, but knowin' him, ya know." Seikatsu nodded meanwhile he reached her and hugged and cuddled her, and Seikatsu hugged him back:"You've done good."-"Huggin' ya or givin' chips to Zoro?" Seikatsu chuckled:"Both." Piers walked her on the edge of the bed, putting her on his lap and cuddling her, without saying anything. After a while, Seikatsu told him how much she was nervous, meanwhile he was reassuring her and told her about his conversation with Marnie:"Wow, your sister's so done to have you at home."-"True. It wouldn't be bad livin' a bit in Galar and a bit somewhere else." Seikatsu nodded, meanwhile Piers started to kiss and cuddle her to cheer her up, until he walked her on the deck , where she felt the marine breeze and saw Zoroark with a bag of candies in his hand, with Hop complaining about Wingulls, and Seikatsu chuckled:"You turned yourself into a Wingull and stole his candies, right?" And Zoroark nodded:"Exactly! Though Nickit helped me. Right, mate?" From Zoroark's fur popped out Nickit's head, and Zoroark threw a candy which he took immediately. Seikatsu and Piers went on the deck, where they found their journey mates: Bede was mocking Hop for the candies' story; Leon got lost on the ship and Sonia was desperately looking for him; Raihan taped a video of Hop assaulted by Zoroark turned into a Wingull and was taking selfies; Marnie was on a chair beside Banette which was snoring; Grimmsnarl had accepted to take a sort of afternoon tea with Poppy. Seikatsu and Piers got resigned by that weird group and they joined it: Seikatsu sticked out and saw Kingdra and Dragalge jumping out of the water, her Pokémon, and Raihan came to her all happily to have seen them, so they started to look for other Dragon-Types Pokémon which lived in the sea, and Piers smiled by seeming them happy, then he found himself dragged to see Dark and Poison-Types Pokémon which lived into the sea, happy to see her without anxiety. In the evening, they all met up and it came out that Leon was in the cargo hold, stucked between some boxes. Seikatsu and Piers broke into laughs, also because Latios had memorized the candy stealth, memorizing the scene and had shared it with Seikatsu, Piers and Raihan.